Call for help: My cat has kidney failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
:cry: Borught mocha(my cat) to a vet this morning, took blood, seems to have very bad kidneys, advised to consider putting her down. mocha doesn't look well for quite sometime, but she eats/drinks fine. realised she drinks more than my other cat, so chance that she had renal conditions sometime back. she doesn't want to eat for past 2 days, and is stoning, hence brought her to clinic today.

i'm not sure if 2nd opinion is worth it, please recomend any Vet in sg which may be of help.

:cry:
Jon

I remember very well that my terrier have not been eating for few day and I din know what have happen then. He was doing well and only drinks . By the end of a week he shunk down a size and I knew . Something terrible wun have already happen.. During then, my gf advise to send it to be put down ..
Yes .. I was very sad during then .. Somehow he (My Dog) knew that he is dying . when I was cuddling him at the hall.. He was walking back to his own towel (Bed) after that .. and he look sad.. so how you can tell ,the tears in his eye..

I got no choice to put him to sleep.. :cry:

Been there also.. its very heart-wrenching to put down a beloved pet, but sometimes its the only way. Get a second opinion if you wish, then at least you can be sure that you did it on the best medical advise. :(

i had to put my pet dog to sleep 2 years back.:cry:

if only he can drag until now, than i can ask TT if he can donate his kidney to my dog.:think:

thanks guys for sharing

ok.it looks grim. creatinine levels 6.9(normal 0.2-2.4). BUN 126.(normal 15-36). putting her on drips now. think 2nd opinion won't be of much help. done some surfing, basically its incurable, there's no 'CKF' (cat kidney foundation?), best hope is transplant (non-existant in sg). clinic suggest i put her down as she's suffering, well, i cldn't really tell, i've seen cats crying and wailing, but mocha doesn't. Shall let her go on drips for 48hrs and do another blood test. and decide after that.

i was all up to euthanasia for humans and animals till i'm facing the decision myself, its so darn difficult. and to make things worse, i'm studying for a big exam for next week

di0nysus said:
thanks guys for sharing

ok.it looks grim. creatinine levels 6.9(normal 0.2-2.4). BUN 126.(normal 15-36). putting her on drips now. think 2nd opinion won't be of much help. done some surfing, basically its incurable, there's no 'CKF' (cat kidney foundation?), best hope is transplant (non-existant in sg). clinic suggest i put her down as she's suffering, well, i cldn't really tell, i've seen cats crying and wailing, but mocha doesn't. Shall let her go on drips for 48hrs and do another blood test. and decide after that.

i was all up to euthanasia for humans and animals till i'm facing the decision myself, its so darn difficult. and to make things worse, i'm studying for a big exam for next week

Yup, elevated creatinine and BUN levels clearly point to kidney failure. The best thing you can do for her (short of a transplant) is to have her put down. Sorry for the bad news :(

sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers

kidney transfer?

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers

i'm afraid u're rather insenitive to the feelings of the thread starter here.
to u, a cat is just a cat. to some, a cat is more than a pet. its a friend, or even a child.
its a companion that go through life and its trials with you, sharing pain and happiness.
i love my cats like my own children and i'd rather get hurt myself than to see them harmed.
losing pets are akin to losing loved ones.

if u have nothing better to say, i'd suggest not saying anything at all.

thank you.

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers
pls do not make a cat sound so cheap.....imagine its your son u like pple say make a new one n get on with life?(no insult intended)

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers

Your comments obviously show that you've never had a pet, or any kind of meaningful bond with a pet :thumbsd:

Its always hard to see pets suffer but I'm sure living with your cat long enough you will know what is the right decision to make. I have had the unfortunate expereince of going though a simialar situation and my heart goes out to you.

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers

Sorry... not meant to flame you, U think so easy to give up and change a new one :bheart: :angry:

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers

A cat is not just a "less-developed creature". It is a living being, just like you and me. We are equal.

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers

:thumbsd: That's a very insensitive thing to day :thumbsd:

Obviously, you've never had a special bond with a pet, be it a cat or dog.

To a dog lover, his dog is his furkid. Similar to a cat lover. We animal lovers treat our furkids as part of our family.

di0nysus said:
:cry: Borught mocha(my cat) to a vet this morning, took blood, seems to have very bad kidneys, advised to consider putting her down. mocha doesn't look well for quite sometime, but she eats/drinks fine. realised she drinks more than my other cat, so chance that she had renal conditions sometime back. she doesn't want to eat for past 2 days, and is stoning, hence brought her to clinic today.

i'm not sure if 2nd opinion is worth it, please recomend any Vet in sg which may be of help.

:cry:
Jon

We just had a very bad X'mas exprience ourselves. Our furkid had to undergo an urgent surgery because he's been having a fever for the past 4 days. It seems like he swallowed a granite stone, and it's stuck in him and causing some infection.

He's a 12 year old dog, with a history of anaemia. Doctor said 50%-50%. Yeah - tell me THAT on X'mas eve at 1:00pm. Luckily he pulled through it, and is now at home with us.

Doctor is great.

Rgds

Robert

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers

It's still a GOD's creation. Please respect it.

Fine, if you do not own a pet but this is kind of comment is uncalled for.

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers
Aiyah, what can you expect from a kid who has not even experience gains and losses in life before? :rolleyes:

My last pet was with us for 17 years (older than a certain user I might add). 2 years ago, she too had renal failure. It wasn't good, and one night, she started bleeding! :eek: Next day, I had to send her to the vet and they recommended putting down as she was obviously in pain. Sigh... I'm still sad thinking about it... :cry:

Watcher said:
Aiyah, what can you expect from someone who has not even experience gains and losses in life before? :rolleyes:

My last pet was with us for 17 years. 2 years ago, she too had renal failure. It wasn't good, and one night, she started bleeding! :eek: Next day, I had to send her to the vet and they recommended putting down. Sigh... I'm still sad thinking about it... :cry:

I saw my friend's GSD dying due to old age... 17yrs old.... somemore in her arm... that feeling i also dunno how to decribe :cry: :cry:

to him, he think pet is clothing... can like tt change de.....

user111 said:
sorry
but

its just a cat

either get a new one

or

give it a good burial

end of story

get on with life

cheers
:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: Three thumbs down for you!

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.