calibrating colour of the camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantaresg

Feb 23, 2007
Woodlands
Hi, how can the colours of the camera? I have read somewhere that this is possible, but I don't remember it being mentioned in the manual. Can anyone teach me?

Hi, how can the colours of the camera? I have read somewhere that this is possible, but I don't remember it being mentioned in the manual. Can anyone teach me?
what talking you? :dunno:
what color? photo color? LCD color? :confused:

Actually I am not sure exactly what I am refering to either? If I am referring to the picture taken by the camera, it sounds like white balancing to me actually?

How about this? When I look at the exif of the pictures that I have taken, there is a property called colour representation. Under the value, it says uncalibrated. So how can I get this calibrated?

Actually I am not sure exactly what I am refering to either? If I am referring to the picture taken by the camera, it sounds like white balancing to me actually?

How about this? When I look at the exif of the pictures that I have taken, there is a property called colour representation. Under the value, it says uncalibrated. So how can I get this calibrated?
thats color profile/space... etc, nothing to do with WB. for more info google up color space/profile

Well, I vaguely know about colour space. Essentially it is the mapping of "digital" colour to the actual colour. But there is no website that tells you how to calibrate the colour space or lookup table of a camera?

Suppose I use a Gretagmacbeth colourchecker chart and I use the camera to take a picture of it. Does it mean that the output of the camera may produce a picture whose colour is different from the chart itself? How can I then calibrate the camera such that the representation is accurate? I have used spyder2express to calibrate the monitor and used the profile for the scanner and printer, so I assume that the profile for my other devices are accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.