Cafe leaflet

Status
Not open for further replies.

D70sshooter

Apr 5, 2006
Selangor
www.flickr.com
What you all think...
Will this leaflet make you wanna go there and try it out ?
356981507_d0c59a7e2f_o.jpg

The food and drink pics are alright, but the location pics are a bit too sterile. The one of the cafe at night makes the place look extremely 'ulu' and lonely.

The food and drink pics are alright, but the location pics are a bit too sterile. The one of the cafe at night makes the place look extremely 'ulu' and lonely.
Thanks for your comment. But I can't change the cafe location. :sweat:

too wash out, add some saturation.
Ahh... i think you are right. Thanks.

Yah, I am a coffee lover and I like to shoot my coffee....I realised that I need to shot them fast, before the frost bubbles burst....it become very ugly and looks unfresh.....But I like the lighting and angle of the shots of the drinks.:thumbsup: And do you really drink the coffee with the beans in the drink?

Overall its nice... but the froth on the coffee is a major turnoff.

Yah, I am a coffee lover and I like to shoot my coffee....I realised that I need to shot them fast, before the frost bubbles burst....it become very ugly and looks unfresh.....But I like the lighting and angle of the shots of the drinks.:thumbsup: And do you really drink the coffee with the beans in the drink?

yes. have to take very fast before the bubbles burst or the foam become flat.

As for the beans... nope we don't drink with the beans in the it.
I actually did some research before shoot this and find quite a few also shoot like this so i too just try it out. And they choose this to be in the leaflet.

thanks for all the comments. really helpful for me as i first time shoot food & drink photography. :thumbsup:

the pic on e top left "hippocafe".. i think u could have zoomed in more on that.
night pic looks too dark n uninteresting.
the text content is abit too boring n cliche.. =/
hehe. =X

Got to comment on the logo, its nicely done, especillay the "e" which make to look like a hippo. Girsl will goes "Kawayiiii..." when they see it ;)

Did you do the whole branding for this cafe?

I'm just going to rattle off my thoughts, hope you dont mind.

I feel there's too much white in the leaflet. Is that what you want?

If you are going to pay someone else to print the leaflets for you, and paying for a colour version in this case, maybe should include more colourful pictures or up the saturation of the drinks pic at least . The salad has too much white in it too, imho. Try to capture more green and red bits and less of the salad dressing.

The hotdog pic is the only one which has some colour in it to give the leaflet more punch.

The hotdog pic however does not blend in well with the rest of the pics as its more warm toned. Whereas the other pics, except for the night pic, are cool toned. It looks like you are going for an overall pastel colour and kawaii theme for this leaflet. Maybe a pic of icecream (pinks and yellows) can come in useful as well, assuming you have icecream on your menu.

But then, a pastel kawaii theme leaflet is only good if your target customers are mostly young ladies :) Think about it.

And I cant seem to find your outlet's opening hours, business days and telephone number.

Hope this helps, otherwise just ignore my ramblings :)

I'm just going to rattle off my thoughts, hope you dont mind.

I feel there's too much white in the leaflet. Is that what you want?

If you are going to pay someone else to print the leaflets for you, and paying for a colour version in this case, maybe should include more colourful pictures or up the saturation of the drinks pic at least . The salad has too much white in it too, imho. Try to capture more green and red bits and less of the salad dressing.

The hotdog pic is the only one which has some colour in it to give the leaflet more punch.

The hotdog pic however does not blend in well with the rest of the pics as its more warm toned. Whereas the other pics, except for the night pic, are cool toned. It looks like you are going for an overall pastel colour and kawaii theme for this leaflet. Maybe a pic of icecream (pinks and yellows) can come in useful as well, assuming you have icecream on your menu.

But then, a pastel kawaii theme leaflet is only good if your target customers are mostly young ladies :) Think about it.

And I cant seem to find your outlet's opening hours, business days and telephone number.

Hope this helps, otherwise just ignore my ramblings :)
:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot on your comments. Great help.
Will take note and do better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.