Cafe f'stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

leumas01

Sep 5, 2005
eunos.crescent
leumas01.multiply.com
Hi everyone. I just came to know that cafe F'stop had closed down. Anyone know what happen to it?

I heard quite a few positive feedback from the forum. Yet to go there myself to have a taste of a photographer nest but...all gone.

What really happen? :dunno:

business model cannot be sustained... so close shop. sad but true. themed cafes are hard to sustained business here.

Sad.
Cafe Full Stop.

Theme cafes can be fun. Like CAN CAN cafe? nothing much only all the old old stuff around. Why they can do it?

Something must had gone wrong with Cafe F'Stop. Any other ideas?

They closed 3 months ago. Went for their soft launch in January. Interesting Concept but market demand doesn't call for it.

They closed 3 months ago. Went for their soft launch in January. Interesting Concept but market demand doesn't call for it.

Interesting Concept? But cannot make it? Something like crazy horse?

I havent been there and it close. Any body have any idea what I miss out about it's concept?? :cry:

Interesting Concept? But cannot make it? Something like crazy horse?

I havent been there and it close. Any body have any idea what I miss out about it's concept?? :cry:

A niche cafe where photographers could go and meet up or have works displayed. That's what the owners wanted but the place was utterly small. It was a nice place to hang out.

My idea of a photo theme cafe should not only limit to food and drinks and photos. It should be much more.

Crazy horse is too much to handle. But I think looking at the location of the cafe f'stop, its quite good next to the road of that busy area. But just that maybe not enough publicity?

Small is a very big issue already, as your guest are also expected to sit around for a while to chit chat. hogging the small space and not allowing new guest to come in is a major problem.

Whats are you guys and girls expectation of a good theme cafe for photographers? I think lots of photographers love to have a place they call "Liao Di Fang" - Old Meeting place. Right?

Let me start the ball rolling for suggestions : Pretty Model Waitress :bsmilie: can shoot her while we drink our coffee......:sweatsm:

The location is good for non-drivers.

I think for cafe to be known to public, it must be next to a busy road. Which is already true for cafe f'stop. but usually when I go to that area, I will walk from funan side, then turn left into the pub and restaurant areas. Will sure to miss that shop even when its next to the road.

Settlers board game cafe is a success. Its also a theme cafe. I am sure cafe f'stop is lacking in something attractive.....as I said.....pretty model waitress.....and hunk waiter for our lady photographers. :bsmilie:

The location is good for non-drivers.

Terrible for drivers.... the ladies in white around boat quay are very sharp :bsmilie:

Eh...sorry ah I quite newbie here, why the ladies in white are very sharp?? Sharp as in eye sight? Or isit to the lens? Or isit something else? :dunno:

Traffic Wardens :bsmilie:

As far as i know, there is only 1 person who can maintain an art-theme cafe in Singapore ..... erickhoo ....:bsmilie::sweatsm::sweat: dont think it will lose a billion right? ...

the flickr SG group use this place for their monthly meet-ups. i was there too. like what was mentioned... the place is small. ambience wise... not too bad.

i felt it opened at a wrong location. parking is hard to find and rental is sky high.

That location is not bad just that people dun really take notice of the place. No much people walk pass that place too. As for rent being sky high, its very common. with the current hot hot property market bloom....worst.

What else can a cafe like this improve on?

I feel location is the key. get a place with free parking at night.. even non photog-fans will drop by. There are lots of vehicle groups that are constantly looking for free parking places to hang out at night after work. Free parking is a big draw.

Next will be seating. Free parking coupled with lots of seats even if outdoor seating with fans many will be happy. Just prepare for lousy business during rainy days.

Some of the more successful kopi-places I've been to was "selegie kopitiam" opposite rochor beancurd, now "banquet' food court.. very popular amongst late night chiongsters and impromptu meetups. lots of .. erm.. "free" parking behind. They shifted out cos the rental was raised exorbitantly, from what i learnt.

West coast mac and Kallang mac, LOADS of free parking at night.

Rex at McKenzie rd. Got a big space.. loads of parking lots. Outdoor seating only. I think now closed down cos the lease for the area was up? not too sure on accuracy of that.

To cater mainly to photographers is not quite a viable solution.. Maybe allow photo enthu to submit photos for them to put up and to be changed every fortnight? It could be a good place for pros-to-be to 'exhibit' their stuff without having to pay high rates for an exhibition hall/booth/place.

Status
Not open for further replies.