Cafe for photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

Jan 5, 2003
Visit site
if i start a cafe and the main theme/concept is photography, where do you think is a good location and how to benefit everyone?

good location? shld be within the "bermuda triangle" the 3 places that attract the most ppl who wanna buy photography stuff, which is delphi, Peni plaza and Peni shopping centre

If u serve cheese cake and vanilla ice blend then i definitely will patronize. :D :devil:

Interesting idea... :thumbsup:

for the location, i suggest esplanade(no existing coffe shop) or merlion park... Clark Quay is a good location also. :cool:

crowd at that location might not justify rental.

exactly! we will order a cup of kopi and sit there hours to discuss photos and equipments ... we will be hogging the place and not much room to accomodate other patrons ... then bo sin li

Originally posted by muffy
crowd at that location might not justify rental.

No business? Very hard, when somebody whips out a camera and goes around focusing, I think all the other customers will just drop their cups and start leaving :bsmilie:

I personally think the esplanade there is a good idea, good view of the sea, imagine can sit there drink and take pictures at the same time.

I don't mind paying >$5 to sit there relax and take pictures :D

The rental at the Esplanade (Aka Esp) will be a heavy burden on the operator. Areas ard the "Photog Bermuda Triangle"aka PBT (Where $$$ suddenly disappear fast fast) will be ideal. Of course, the units wif heavy human traffic will command a premium over some "ulu" units. The ambience in the PBT will also be different from the Esp. I personally will feel more comfortable at a cafe at the PBT.

Well... Risk in business is always there, its up to the investor if he take that risk.

Please keep in mind that esplanade have a lot of local and foreign tourist everyday, especially at night. ;)

ambiance is very important too. :cool:

A new cafe has just opened on B1 in Adelphi, opposite P&G. Their tables extend out to the concourse area. coffee is only about $1 and a full Ya Kun style snack (coffee and toast) is only about $3. This may be a good place for SEED as the aircon is definitely cooler than penin food court, and not so smoky and humid (damaging to our precious equipment mah...).

If our SEED organisers talk them into allowing us the use of their premise, as long as everyone orders at least one drink of $1, they may just let us use it as our own "private club" for 3 hours every other Wed.

Go muffy! I will definitely patronize your cafe! :D

Muffy,
I think there should be more "attractions" other than just a photography-themed cafe.

For example:-
1. Regular exhibitions or talks
2. Buy&Sell / Trade Corner
3. Prints for sale as well as doubling as decoration for walls (can do on behalf of members)
4. Some form of net access would be good
5. Maybe sale of photography items like film, CF cards, batteries, small stuff for late-night emergencies (if open late)

And probably a lot of other things besides just a cafe.

If this happens, we will be interested to have some sort of corner for ClubSNAP ;)

Cafe?? I like that idea..... the food must be nice hor.... don't give us lousy food and beverages... ;p

hey...tt's a nice idea...serve good coffee ( yeah! ) and nice food...erm...would be a nice idea to have it in esplanade..the photos on the walls as part of the decor...nice lighting...great ambience...great way to drink and talk bout photography or anything...

oh yeah dont forget couches...heh

wow.

overwhelming response.

i am also looking at whether it make sense to include a full fledge studio and photo developing lab.

huge investment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.