Cadbury's Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheguthamrin

Jul 14, 2007
2608137228_8213476909.jpg

Was bored last night, until I remembered about this Cadbury's bar... the itchy fingers start to click here and there, but all came out to be about the same final product - there dont seem to be so much ummmph, or something missing to make it look more appealing that would make my mouth salivating...

How different would you have done it?

2608137228_8213476909.jpg

Was bored last night, until I remembered about this Cadbury's bar... the itchy fingers start to click here and there, but all came out to be about the same final product - there dont seem to be so much ummmph, or something missing to make it look more appealing that would make my mouth salivating...

How different would you have done it?

hi bro....interesting concept...i love chocs anyway;)

anyways, how diff would i have done it?............i would melt the corner of the bar closest to the frame....makes it looks more tantalising...slurrrp......:bsmilie: just my 2cents lah...but i know your quality of works la bro...bagusss..:thumbsup:

hi bro....interesting concept...i love chocs anyway;)

anyways, how diff would i have done it?............i would melt the corner of the bar closest to the frame....makes it looks more tantalising...slurrrp......:bsmilie: just my 2cents lah...but i know your quality of works la bro...bagusss..:thumbsup:

Maybe the bar is lacking of a huge bite mark. Lol. Maybe you should give it a bite then take the picture...hee.

Alamak dont compliment me too early la brader... paiseh leh...
Melt the corner... huge bite mark... hmmmmmmmm... by the time I read this msg, the choc finish liao... hehehe

Cos other food pictures are relatively straight forward, since its usually on plates / bowls... but for chocs... quite challenging there. There are lines and patterns... and the colour...

chocolates are good stuffs. rlol. Maybe you can get another bar of chocolates and try. I always like to try and error.

DOF can be improved further.....
Would very much prefer the foregrd to be in focus and the background to fade.

agreed... it will be better if the front cubes are in focus and the back cubes blurred. but nevertheless this is so interesting... especially when u read it in the morning and u have not taken breakfast!

also agree that bite marks at the corner would be awesome man! :thumbsup:

nice shot.
just a thought - the foil is a bit distracting for me. I would love to see you try this with just the chocolate bar and as stated try and get the front of the bar in focus with a nice sharp ' cadbury.
good idea btw. :)

chocolates are good stuffs. rlol. Maybe you can get another bar of chocolates and try. I always like to try and error.
By the time I get another bar, I would have finished it up first! Haha...

agreed... it will be better if the front cubes are in focus and the back cubes blurred. but nevertheless this is so interesting... especially when u read it in the morning and u have not taken breakfast!

also agree that bite marks at the corner would be awesome man! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestion; I should have put in more thought at first.
The camera was on the desk, and the choc bar was tilted at an angle, hence the focus is not on the foreground. I should have tried more angles and different focus points.

nice shot.
just a thought - the foil is a bit distracting for me. I would love to see you try this with just the chocolate bar and as stated try and get the front of the bar in focus with a nice sharp ' cadbury.
good idea btw. :)
Thanks!
The foil distracts; perhaps it shouldnt be where or how it was presented? Cos I thought the foil would / should be something relevant associated with chocolates, esp that it may reflect light, and with the crumples and all... hmmmmm

Yes, I will try again, and post up the result soon! Thanks for all the input!

Hmm, I quite like your photo. Makes my mouth water. Yess, N I somehow always link the silver aluminium foil with cadbury chocolate. Part of the climax is peeeling it off bit by bit isn't it? :bsmilie: Don't think it'll look the same without e foil...n plain brown all by itself. N what it needs is a bite mark...exactly frm yur point of view when eating a chocolate, n not some staged photoshoot of a chocolate model.:D

My 2cents worth!

i think the foil makes pple feel more like eating it. at least it worked for me. but well i wish there was more foil and a bit more like someone just rushed to open it. You know? hard to describe the feeling. haha... but it definitely will allow the pic to tell more! how abt getting one more bar and try it out and post here to show us. ;)

Hmm, I quite like your photo. Makes my mouth water. Yess, N I somehow always link the silver aluminium foil with cadbury chocolate. Part of the climax is peeeling it off bit by bit isn't it? :bsmilie: Don't think it'll look the same without e foil...n plain brown all by itself. N what it needs is a bite mark...exactly frm yur point of view when eating a chocolate, n not some staged photoshoot of a chocolate model.:D

My 2cents worth!

My 2cents worth!

Now you read my mind! haha... I know what u mean, cos U know what I mean...

But then, I dont actually BITE off from the 350g bar.. I would snap it along the lines... I'll even eat it one cube at a time...

Now you read my mind! haha... I know what u mean, cos U know what I mean...

But then, I dont actually BITE off from the 350g bar.. I would snap it along the lines... I'll even eat it one cube at a time...

haha...I was thinking a huge bite will look more dramatic...perhaps with some fallen bits of chocolate crumbs on e table from where it broke off, contrasted with e white bottom. lol! :bsmilie: Geez, I'm craving fr cadbury now!

haha...I was thinking a huge bite will look more dramatic...perhaps with some fallen bits of chocolate crumbs on e table from where it broke off, contrasted with e white bottom. lol! :bsmilie: Geez, I'm craving fr cadbury now!

...or with the Cadbury's bar at my lips; with my saliva dripping over? heheheheh...

Come on guys! Dont wait for me.. show me your versions here!

So....
there has been suggestions that I should have a bite of the choc first... so in another try, another version, another chocolate, here's what I got...

<< TOBLERONE >>
2618088418_33c0163bb3.jpg

Better / preferred or other alternatives?

2630641141_7e515849ab.jpg

Which should be priority; two lines of FR, or the lines / piles of books?

Status
Not open for further replies.