Cactus v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnaxe

Oct 5, 2006
I read somewhere that someone is trying this out this weekend?

Where can this be acquired in Singapore? :)

I bought my Cactus V2S on line from Gadget Infinity(HK), an ebay vendor. Ended up with 1 Tx/ 2 Rcvs. He sends out shipments three times a week. I find him prompt and reliable.
You can find out more info on Cactus V2S from Flickr Strobist Threads.
Hope this helps.:)

ebay is a good place to get these if you don't mind waiting^^ If you need it in a hurry try OP or http://www.tagotech.com/

BTW do research on the flash you using with, it might not sync well. gigahz mentioned 360 and 540 only sync at 1/30s (IIRC):sweat:

Yup thats right
I already modded my Cactus but still syncs at that rate :(
Sunpak 383 are Cactus Bestfriends

My Cactus V2S can sync at 1/160 s with the AF540FGZ as long as the Transmitter/Receiver batteries are not depleted.
When I bought the Tx/Rx units in Jan this year, I emailed Tagotech and they did not have the Cactus V2S but an older version.
There is a Cactus V2S thread on Flickr Strobist.:)

Hey Gigahz,

ur is cactus V2 or V2s, i think the V2s is the newer version which might sync properly...
the first version i think it the PT-04, then V2, then V2s

C.Lai, ur cactus is V2s or V2 ?? any problem using them with pentax flash, i remember u saying they work alright, are they able to sync at 1/125 and above...?

My is a V2S(newer version). I verified just now with 1/160s indoors and managed to synch.:)
I think the max is 1/180 s which is the K20D max sync speed.

I saw something similar at Orient Photos at Sim Lim. Well nnder $50 I think.

will do a test tmrw :)
hope it syncs fast hehehehe
i just got the older version
but my strobe jinbei can sync at 1/120

hmm.. interesting, my 40D can synch with it up to 1/250.. didn't know max sync speed differs across brands..

For those cactus triggers, battery life matters. I suggest you buy a name brand lithium ion battry for the receivers instead of using the ones which come default. The sellers have said that those batteries are only used for testing purposes so they give quite crappy life.

And if you can wait its much better to buy from ebay, much cheaper. Buy more than one at a time if u can to save on shipping :)

Z

i Already modded my Receivers to use 2pcs of AA Batteries for fullpower hehehe..

May i know where locally I can get a v2 Cactus?

i Already modded my Receivers to use 2pcs of AA Batteries for fullpower hehehe..

Yap Modding is the way to go... mod the receiver to use AA/AAA batteries, mod the transmitter to have an external antenna for extra range...all can be found on the web...:thumbsup:

so how's the trial yesterday ? im getting my stuff ready...hopefully by next wk im able to do some strobing :bsmilie:

May i know where locally I can get a v2 Cactus?

locally dun think can get V2/V2s except for the old first version PT-04... saw it at OP yesterday while getting my step up ring (walk past ur shop saw u there but din say halo:))... $48 they hav many of them, V2s version which is the latest version and has less issue from ebay Gadget Infinity...

Just a note of caution. The PT04 & the V2 may not work properly with your Pentax Camera. You may get erratic/unreliable performance.
If you contemplate on getting any, please bring your camera and flash along to try out.

had these erratic experience, smkoe come out from my flash- caused a yellow burnish mark on the built-in diffiser ... felt like it will explode if I really used for event, not even reaching 5 shots.
But I think the wireless system PT for one flash type is ok...but test it first.

ebay is a good place to get these if you don't mind waiting^^ If you need it in a hurry try OP or http://www.tagotech.com/

BTW do research on the flash you using with, it might not sync well. gigahz mentioned 360 and 540 only sync at 1/30s (IIRC):sweat:

have try the sb-3000 ,the vivitar 285hv with the radio trigger from op,
my sony alpha camera flash-synch speed is supposely limited at 1/250 with SSS off, but on practical use, i can shoot up to 1/320 sec without the half darkframe.

have u guys try out the 3rd party flash yet?

have try the sb-3000 ,the vivitar 285hv with the radio trigger from op,
my sony alpha camera flash-synch speed is supposely limited at 1/250 with SSS off, but on practical use, i can shoot up to 1/320 sec without the half darkframe.

have u guys try out the 3rd party flash yet?

so the OP 1 can use ? that is the PT-04...so proven can used, then no need to get the newer cactus V2s :think:

so the OP 1 can use ? that is the PT-04...so proven can used, then no need to get the newer cactus V2s :think:

The problem lies with Pentax own flash.:sweat: That's why u need V2s if u have AF-540FGZ and AF-360FGZ

Edit: if SB-3000 sync at 1/250 on pentax it's very gd liao^^ Anyway max we'll get is only 1/180 >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.