Cactus v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely have to check if PT-04 or V2 works for you.

the PT-04s i have only work with the cheapo Achievers I have but not with my Olympus FL-36 and FL-50. That I required the V2.

If in doubt, message ebay sellers. They will know.

so the OP 1 can use ? that is the PT-04...so proven can used, then no need to get the newer cactus V2s :think:

they have the cheaper one at 45 that having intermitten problem with the canon flash, afaik, nobody i knw of had tested it on pentax yet.
they also had another newer version which cost slighty more. u can tried out both first.

they have the cheaper one at 45 that having intermitten problem with the canon flash, afaik, nobody i knw of had tested it on pentax yet.
they also had another newer version which cost slighty more. u can tried out both first.

hmm i went last weekend they say oni got 1 type...and i saw many sets there price is slightly more than 45...i guess i will stick with cactus v2s, price not much different...

my cactus V2s finally arrived, after much delay as the package was at the post office for almost 2 weeks, nobody at home to received it and i somehow missed the collection notice.

Anyway just did a quick check, able to sync 1/180 on the AF-540... though its not a very accurate test, i just anyhow hand held and shoot straight into the wall and see any black portion or strip...so far i dun see any. But as i say its just a anyhow test, might not be accurate...

Test it on my 2 vivitar 285HV, both seems to be working at 1/180 as well. Got 2 addition receiver so total i got 3 receiver which seems to be too much :bsmilie: Anyway all 3 seems to be working as well...

lastly i also got a TTL hotshoe cable...able to do HSS... anyway i dun have much time to try everything... just a quick check oni...

my wife is making a lot of noise say all the flash is disturbing her watching anime...:( so i have to stop...

no light stand, no umbrella yet, still need to do some modification on the cactus to extend the working range and change the battery to AA...still so much work to be done...seems it will take me months before i start anything :(

I also checked the 1/180 Limit with my Cactus V2S, Sunpak 383 (Manual Power Setting), and K20D(Manual Mode) at sunset yesterday. Did not observe any dark bands or stripes.
For our needs, I don't think its worth the hassle to mod for extended range.
Enjoy your Cactus V2S, flowerpot.:bsmilie:

Hi all sorry gotta borrow this thread for a while. Does anyone knows how to do the antenna mods for the Cactus V2s transmitter & receiver?
I don't have the equipment to do the soldering & know nuts about going about doing it, even after reading through the tutorial.
Am willing to pay. Anyone willing to help a brother out? Thanks! :)

Report Update

My Modded V1 Cactus can sync at 160 with 2 Sunpak Strobes 50 meters away no more misfiring

Status
Not open for further replies.