Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
1st Singapore Cable Wakeboard & Wakeskate Championship
Saturday, 5 January 2008 @ SKI360
Next to East Coast Seafood Centre

Theres a Cable Wakeboard competition on 5 Jan. Wakeboarders are pull around the lake using a cable system instead of a boat. Since the action is not far from the waters edge, you'll be able to capture alot of great actions shots, plus there are alot angles to shoot from.

Go to http://www.ski360degree.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=21 for more details

There are some shots there to give you an idea of what you can shoot as well.

See you there!

The website says there is a registration fee of $75.
Does anyone know if this is for participants of the competition or for spectators?
$75 is way too much to watch people cable ski and take photos of them!

The $75 registration fee is for the wakeboard competitors. Spectators are free..

In fact, you can probably shoot from anywhere around the lake, but the best spots are the side nearest the East Coast Seafood Centre and the SKI360 restaurant.

If you have limited time, watch out for the schedule, the best action is during the Mens Open Wakeboarding event... but the other categories are good to shoot as well.

See ya there!

Don't forget, this event is happening this Saturday!

I'm going... jus cos it's so near my house... hehe.
Anyone wanna meet up with me?

The event starts at 9am, but the better riders will start riding around noon and again around 4+pm.

I usually shoot with my 70-200 at f2.8, which is fine for some spots, but at other spots u need something with a longer reach.

if the rider hits the ramps or sliders, you can pre focus on the obstacles first to get your shot sharp.

the better spots are on the side closest to the seafood centre, or right in front of the ski360 restaurant.

hope you all post up your shots here!

Hi,

Can Superdave share your lens, shutter, aperture and film speed info?

This is my two cents input:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1000words-com-sg/1308537976/

For mine, it was on the boat at 300 mm. F 8, 1/1000 or more. Even then i am not very satisfied... Can some one C&C my pic please? Thanks.

I like your shot... nice and sharp. When I shoot from boat, I usually shoot at about 135mm to get some sense of space, especially when the rider goes big on their tricks. If they don't go big, I try to capture the water spray they create as they ride.

From the boat, I usually shoot at f2.8 aperture priority or manual. ISO between 100 - 400, depending on the light. Minimum shutter should be around 1/800, but 1/1500 should be enough.

The event starts at 9am, but the better riders will start riding around noon and again around 4+pm.

I usually shoot with my 70-200 at f2.8, which is fine for some spots, but at other spots u need something with a longer reach.

if the rider hits the ramps or sliders, you can pre focus on the obstacles first to get your shot sharp.

the better spots are on the side closest to the seafood centre, or right in front of the ski360 restaurant.

hope you all post up your shots here!

Yes superdave,i'wll be there.
This my test shot using my 1000mm FL.

Z0A0I1786.jpg

Awesome pics Lawrence, any more to share? Also lens and settings were u using?

Thanks mate... I have plenty more - need to go through them properly and process a few more. Will look at that tomorrow.

Re settings, these were all shot with the 200mm f/2.8 L prime... Similar in quality to the 70-200mm f/2.8 but arguably faster focusing. I personally prefer it cause it's so much lighter. Settings around f/2.8 - f/4, shutter speed in the 1/2000 to 1/6000 range.

Cheers,

Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.