C730UZ vs C2100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Wolfgang
Sausage, i would think the Olympus C2100Uz is alot better.

I've handled it before and well, comparing it to the C7XX series (or in this case, my previous camera C700Uz) it is alot better and with IS (which is it's strong point), your shots with your zoom all the way @ 10x, it's a much safer bet when you do not have a tripod handy.

The down side is it's size...

Hope this helps. :)

Looks like the C7XX aren't that great.
How would a C5050z stand against the C2100uz or C730UZ?

:dunno:

Originally posted by kahlua

Looks like the C7XX aren't that great.

:dunno:

if you compare the C2100 in this manner of Zoom and IS to all of the cameras with high zoom you can almost say that it will win all of them except maybe the ProIS... but that's not fair... the C-730 is definatily more advanced than the C-2100 not in the IS but in all other aspects.... wat to do it's newer that you have to admit rite? :)

as for 5050 it's a 5MP camera which runs on 3 media type don't say you are going to do a comparison with these 2 cameras which are of totally different leauge.... one a old high zoomer and a new and advanced high MP camera.... how to compare? image quality? 5MP bound to win.... Zoom Or IS? 2100 is going to win.... set aside the IS zoom 2100 is just another SLR like camera....

Originally posted by kahlua
I would just say that there's no one correct answer to that question. As with so many other things in photography, it depends on your own needs and aims.

Originally posted by Midnight
I would just say that there's no one correct answer to that question. As with so many other things in photography, it depends on your own needs and aims.

i can't agree more! :D

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
get all the C-2100uz owners come in and hear what they will say :D

1st one here!!! :)

If I am nit-picking, then I would say that the C-2100UZ is certainly lacking in some areas, like there's no NR, no hotshoe support, no swivel LCD, no manual WB, and no CF/XD support. It would help if the CCD has a higher MP count like 4MP or 5 MP!!! :D

But looking at the specs, at the times this baby was launch it's state-of-the-art and has a price to match its capability.

It might seems old now...but up against the 2.1MP DCs...it's still our Champion. :)

i heard that the 'shake' factor+CA with the 730uz only really becomes apparent after 6x zoom. taking that into account ( and yes i know its a shame not to use a camera to its full potential), do people still think the 730uz is that much worse than the 2100 ? am seriously considering this due to the zoom and the fact it can use AA batteries, but feature wise/flexibility wise i think it still loses out to the Canon equivalents ... tough decision

the camera shake is due to low shutter speed
if u are taking in bright lighting even at 10X zoom without IS u will still get clear pictures :D

I am using the C2100 for about 9 months now and have no regrets whatsoever.

I tested out the S602Z last weekend and found it to be quite good also. This is the only camera which makes me now think about whether to upgrade to or not.

Now still pondering but apart from the 3MP, CF media and unlimited video mode, I cannot think of much advantage. Anybody can give their comments here comparing the C2100 to the S602Z?

Originally posted by kaipium

Now still pondering but apart from the 3MP, CF media and unlimited video mode, I cannot think of much advantage. Anybody can give their comments here comparing the C2100 to the S602Z?

Hotshoe.

I am using the C2100 for about 9 months now and have no regrets whatsoever.

I tested out the S602Z last weekend and found it to be quite good also. This is the only camera which makes me now think about whether to upgrade to or not.

i still prefer the feel of the 2100uz
the zooming doesnt feel rite, not mentioning the shorter focal lenght

dun like the way the EVF and LCD colours also :)

Originally posted by revenant

Hotshoe.
thats one good thing about 602
but it doesnt have AF assist, monochrome LCD display, remote control shutter release.....

The C2100 is my first digital camera , the camera it self ,become my reason to get to know with the photography .
Due the reason that it does not look or perform as a cheap toy .

The quality and the ability of the C2100 to perform ,with above the average results in all the tasks , is what it makes it special .

I do not need a Ferrari to be happy , the Mercedes SLK its good too .. ;) :D :D :D

Originally posted by syncmaster
The C2100 is my first digital camera , the camera it self ,become my reason to get to know with the photography .
Due the reason that it does not look or perform as a cheap toy .

The quality and the ability of the C2100 to perform ,with above the average results in all the tasks , is what it makes it special .

I do not need a Ferrari to be happy , the Mercedes SLK its good too .. ;) :D :D :D

i can't even afford a Mercedes SLK.... i can only afford a honda civic....

Now still pondering but apart from the 3MP, CF media and unlimited video mode, I cannot think of much advantage. Anybody can give their comments here comparing the C2100 to the S602Z? [/B]

one of my friend is using S602Z.. here's what I observed after my Bintan trip with him:
[1] S602Z has lower power consumption, so the batteries last so much longer than C2100
[2] the noise reduction in S602Z is good for longer exposure
[3] C2100 gets hot easily, S602Z is relatively cool and thus less (or no) hot pixel problem

back to the topic of the thread, another friend of mine is using C720, the chromatic abberation is quite bad in broad daylight shots, and it is tough to get a clear picture at full zoom without tripod...

given the choice, I would choose C2100... (or E10)
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.