C730 or Lumix FZ1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

May 8, 2003
Visit site
This is going to be my first digital camera. My main requirement is an optical zoom of at least 10X. Should i get the Olympus Camedia C730 or Panasonics Lumix DMC FZ1 ??? I need some feedback from you guys.
C730 : 3.2 MP, 10x optical zoom
FZ1 : 2.1 MP, 12x optical , with image stabiliser

beside the above mention spec,

C730 : SM card, AA batts
FZ1 : SD card, custom batt

Now... which one would you like for the storage and the power that it uses?

Oso, what do you need the pictures for? prints? to what sizes? or simply for web?

might help us and yourselves ans the question of what you wan.....

Thanks Bluestrike
Is it true that a custom batt will last longer than AA batt?
How much does a custom batt for FZ1 cost?
Is the custom batt easily available?
I dont think i will print my photo, if i were to ceate a photo album, will a 2.0 MP suffice?
Does the image stabiliser works at 12X zoom?

thanks bro,

Bob

It's not necessary that a custom battery will last longer than AA but it's definitely many times more expensive.

2MP is more than sufficient for digital photo albums.

Well, so far between the 2 DC, I would go for the FZ1 rather then the 730 since you have stated,
1. Digital Photo Album,
2. IS,
3. More Zoom.

Not sure how much the custom batt will cost, you have to check it out yourself.

Post a tread in the General review sub-forums and ask aard, I know there are some CSers having the FZ1. I think it better you seek opinion from them then from mi. I only had a hands on ... I dun own both so my words are based on what I feel that time when I had that few moments of fun with it.

hahaha...bluestike,ur hands on during the JBP isit?

lol

custom batt... 80-90!!
zoom 12X...image stab not really THAT good unless shutter speed high...

but if u use tripod then u are ultimate peeping tom liao...:D

accessories are expensive....and the lens/filter converter provided doesn't come in extra stock, break once, that's it. no more macros, no more polariser..the mem is SD ram..the small kind....100 for 128MB

there is NO manual function. ALL auto. preprogrammed... it's the ultimate point-n-shoot-n-aiyah-not-good-n-point-n-shoot again camera. cannot set aperture, cannot set shutter, cannot set manual focus.

OH the auto focus is quite atrocious...

but good thing is. if u pay attn to light source...there isn't much noise...

ok...COMPARITIVELY speaking. both aperture ranges are the same. both shutter spped are the same

things to consider>>
1. auto(fast) or manual(timewasting)
2. zoom, truth is, FZ1 is on the cutting edge..
3. prices. owning a FZ1 is definitely more pricey.but it does come with it's pros.
4. looks. owning a FZ1 looks damn cool.:bsmilie:

so..if u simple user..no hassle, PnS, not bad pictures...want to take ur neighbour, FZ1

want to have standard camera, like your konica fire n forget, lil bit better pictures, allow u to fool arnd with shutter,aperture and focus, waste time..make ur family n friends wait there till u look for your perfect setting (apart from the preprogrammed ones lar)..then 730 lor...

samuel leong...

Originally posted by Bluestrike
beside the above mention spec,

C730 : SM card, AA batts
FZ1 : SD card, custom batt

Now... which one would you like for the storage and the power that it uses?

Oso, what do you need the pictures for? prints? to what sizes? or simply for web?

might help us and yourselves ans the question of what you wan.....

u forgot c730 also uses XD card

bat for Fz1 cost around $50 for ur info.

now the package they give one free 64mb

IS works every optical zoom lens

i too have a hard time thinking which to get might b waiting for 740uz see if the shutter lag fixed o not.

well at www.dpreview.com i saw some fz1 pics are not so bad all quiet sharp .

When you use viewfinder to take picture, compare the C730 with FZ1, then you know the big difference. C730 is way ahead of FZ1.

I can confirm. In the first weekend I got the FZ1, I took pictures as good as those that GreenEgg has posted. This is a great camera.

Got it at SLS at AP. See other post on "... price drop ...". BTW, I need to know if any teleconverter works with the FZ1. Will in focus? Will the plastic adapter hold the Glass TC? Anyone tried the TCON17 with it?

what?? you still want a teleconvertor on a 12x optical FZ1?

what you want to do? take your neighbour intimate details isit??

haha..i dunno. i sold my fz1 already. but i would strongly advise against using WA or TC lens on the fz1 plastic adaptor...it's rather fragile and irreplacable...

Originally posted by GreenEggs_n_Ham
what?? you still want a teleconvertor on a 12x optical FZ1?

what you want to do? take your neighbour intimate details isit??

haha..i dunno. i sold my fz1 already. but i would strongly advise against using WA or TC lens on the fz1 plastic adaptor...it's rather fragile and irreplacable...

Why do you want to sell your FZ1 huh? What dc did you get to replace it?;p

602z if i am not wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.