C700UZ worth a second look.


Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
36
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Am very impressed by these shots using C700UZ.
Not taken by me though!
check it out.

Olympus C700UZ

Btw, I am not too sure where to post this thread.
Please move to the appropriate topic if possible......
 

megaweb

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
8,541
3
38
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
I believe the photographer uses other camera also can produce the same effect ....:D


so it is not C700UZ credit ..
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
36
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Originally posted by megaweb
I believe the photographer uses other camera also can produce the same effect ....:D


so it is not C700UZ credit ..
In the forum(not this one), he claims he is using C700UZ.
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,937
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Originally posted by LifeWorld


In the forum(not this one), he claims he is using C700UZ.
what megaweb means is that the photographer will produce impressive shots regardless of which camera he uses.....
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by mpenza


what megaweb means is that the photographer will produce impressive shots regardless of which camera he uses.....

U know the old syaing...."It's the Carpenter that counts, not his Tools."

Hehehehe....;)
 

maddog

Senior Member
Feb 13, 2002
1,277
0
36
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
This camera cannot take nightshots at all. Extremely noisy. Not worth paying 1100. Day shots are good.
 

mfo

New Member
Jan 29, 2002
38
0
0
Visit site
the C700uz cant take exposures over 6secs or 4seconds when it's used up for a while.. the new firmware supposedly help a little... so, it can take nightshots but it's limited..

the noise at ISO 100 is ridiculous when the stuff are underexposed... unless u resize it to 1024x768 or something like that..

other than that i can't complain.. maybe the Manual WB is a little blue-ish... the camera cant focus to infinity at full zoom... maybe the F-stop should be increased to F5.6 or something, no idea havent tested it out...
 

azone

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,454
0
0
43
azone.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by maddog
This camera cannot take nightshots at all. Extremely noisy. Not worth paying 1100. Day shots are good.
Wah.. not so serious lah. What cannot take nightshots at all? See my pics in my gallery below. Its all about control and how much you know your camera.

I agree that pics are somewhat noisy if you expose for too long, but the recent firmware patch improved things alot.

And what you pay is what you get. For a price of around 1k, you cannot expect wonders. If you want a DC that can take night shots well, plus IS and has 10x zoom, you can always pay another $600 for the Canon Pro90.


Originally posted by maddog
One more thing is the lack of an image stabiliser; a must at 380mm.
True that IS is a good to have. But I feel that there is no problem taking pics without it during daytime. As for night shots, I'm quite sure you'll need a tripod, regardless of whether your DC has IS or not, low zoom or high zoom. Other experienced C700 users in this forum like Tweek will agree with this I'm sure. ;)
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
41
East
www.weekai.com
Originally posted by azone


Wah.. not so serious lah. What cannot take nightshots at all? See my pics in my gallery below. Its all about control and how much you know your camera.

I agree that pics are somewhat noisy if you expose for too long, but the recent firmware patch improved things alot.

And what you pay is what you get. For a price of around 1k, you cannot expect wonders. If you want a DC that can take night shots well, plus IS and has 10x zoom, you can always pay another $600 for the Canon Pro90.




True that IS is a good to have. But I feel that there is no problem taking pics without it during daytime. As for night shots, I'm quite sure you'll need a tripod, regardless of whether your DC has IS or not, low zoom or high zoom. Other experienced C700 users in this forum like Tweek will agree with this I'm sure. ;)
yes yes...like azone said, c700uz is a useful fella if you know how to use it properly. Check out the great shots taken by c700uz users all over the world, do a search on the net. It certainly has its drawback, but at a price of $900++ and 10X zoom at such a compact size, I think c700uz deserves some credit lar. ;)
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,937
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Originally posted by maddog
One more thing is the lack of an image stabiliser; a must at 380mm.
A friend has handheld shots at 600mm without problems during day time ;p Guess it depends on your technique and skills.
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,937
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Originally posted by maddog
This camera cannot take nightshots at all. Extremely noisy. Not worth paying 1100. Day shots are good.
Perhaps you have a defective unit or use very high ISO? Do note that most digital cameras produce a lot of noise at high ISO settings.
 

Klause

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,417
0
0
36
Bedok
Visit site
I agree fully with Azone. I bought my wife(c700uz) to genting for a photography trip and whaooo.. nearly 90% of the picture came out nicely. (Maybe the temperature there.. cold = less hotpixel)Even at night, I am able to take pic if the shuttle is not more than 1/10 at no zoom without tripod (but I use tripod 90% of the time)

I also agree with Azone that even with the most expensive camera you buy.. u still need a tripod for nightshot if you want to achieve good results.

For the price of only 900... and with 10x zoom and good amount of manual controls, it is quite an attractive deal.
 

azone

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,454
0
0
43
azone.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by Klause
I agree fully with Azone. I bought my wife(c700uz) to genting for a photography trip and whaooo.. nearly 90% of the picture came out nicely. (Maybe the temperature there.. cold = less hotpixel)Even at night, I am able to take pic if the shuttle is not more than 1/10 at no zoom without tripod (but I use tripod 90% of the time)
Haha, yes, no hot-pixels at all during my trip there last month also. Dats why I think the DC wasn't built for the climate in this region.
 

Klause

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,417
0
0
36
Bedok
Visit site
Originally posted by azone


Haha, yes, no hot-pixels at all during my trip there last month also. Dats why I think the DC wasn't built for the climate in this region.
Ya lor.. but actually if u use blackframe reduction then it will probably solve most of your hotpixel problem
 

Status
Not open for further replies.