Status
Not open for further replies.

jesser

Dec 28, 2002
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
I wonder why those photo labs around our neighbourhood
do not understand what is C41 black and white film???:confused:
Even the fujifilm e-pic lab over at Suntec city also dunno what is this.
They even wanted to charge me at $1.00/- per photo.......really:cry: !!!!!

I used to develope it over at Queensway shopping center but now shifted to the north side............very far away.

Anyone knows any lab that prints C41 black and white film over in the north area? Or in city area?

Thanks;)

hmmm.... that's weird the neighbour hood shops that i have seems to know.....

develope 1 time only.. abt 50c

develop ur self at home la, very ez, just need developer , Fixer, ice, themormeter & developer tanks. very costless....

I always develop myself for c41 b&w;)

jesser, maybe u can try photo finish at Northpoint. Not bad results the last time i sent 2 rolls of t400cn to them. No colour casts like when you dev at some labs that don't really pay attention to yr c41 b&w film.

is it better/ cheaper to use chrome film instead of
b&w film?

read in another thread that chrome film
can be developed at any lab

what are the chrome films that are available
here?

Originally posted by Juvelyn
is it better/ cheaper to use chrome film instead of
b&w film?

read in another thread that chrome film
can be developed at any lab

what are the chrome films that are available
here?

Then you read wrong. :p

1. Chrome film = slide. Not all labs does slides

2. Chrome film is not better than B&W; B&W is not better than chrome; traditional B&W is not better than C41 B&W; C41 B&W is not better than traditional B&W. It all depends on what you want.

Regards
CK

isn't C-41 B&W film the kind of film that can be developed using normal colour negative chemicals (Process C-41)

btw, longman, u developed C-41 B&W films with Process C-41 in the darkroom? what films? eg. Kodak T-Max 100? or am i mistaken?

Originally posted by jesser
I wonder why those photo labs around our neighbourhood
do not understand what is C41 black and white film???:confused:
Even the fujifilm e-pic lab over at Suntec city also dunno what is this.
They even wanted to charge me at $1.00/- per photo.......really:cry: !!!!!

I used to develope it over at Queensway shopping center but now shifted to the north side............very far away.

Anyone knows any lab that prints C41 black and white film over in the north area? Or in city area?

Thanks;)

I noticed that u stay in Serangoon. Which shops u tried? How about the Kodak Express at S'goon Central Dr.?

Originally posted by mervlam

I noticed that u stay in Serangoon. Which shops u tried? How about the Kodak Express at S'goon Central Dr.?

Hi, i still have not try any shop over at S'goon Central.
All those labs here in s'goon north are lousy.......
kodak, konica and fujifilm.......they just dun really bother. Printout
are dirty.....can see white spots and hair lines on the photos.
Worst still no one knows about c41 b&w.:dunno:

But c-41 is the colour process isn't it? So if u buy a roll of B&W c41 film it can be developed by normal labs which process c41 colour films.

Non c-41, just black and white films are more costly to develop, and not eveyone does it. Tt's why film makers created c-41 black and white.

Originally posted by lyrrad
But c-41 is the colour process isn't it? So if u buy a roll of B&W c41 film it can be developed by normal labs which process c41 colour films.

Non c-41, just black and white films are more costly to develop, and not eveyone does it. Tt's why film makers created c-41 black and white.

This is always the problem that I always have to explain to them.........but they will normally answer
"WE DUN DO B & W PHOTO!":confused:

Originally posted by jesser

This is always the problem that I always have to explain to them.........but they will normally answer
"WE DUN DO B & W PHOTO!":confused:

I suggest you just go to colorlab at adelphi for all your chromogenic B&W film processing and development. You don't even need to explain anything to them.... problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.