C41 black & white.


Status
Not open for further replies.

jesser

New Member
Dec 28, 2002
516
0
0
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
#1
I wonder why those photo labs around our neighbourhood
do not understand what is C41 black and white film???:confused:
Even the fujifilm e-pic lab over at Suntec city also dunno what is this.
They even wanted to charge me at $1.00/- per photo.......really:cry: !!!!!

I used to develope it over at Queensway shopping center but now shifted to the north side............very far away.

Anyone knows any lab that prints C41 black and white film over in the north area? Or in city area?

Thanks;)
 

sljm

New Member
Dec 2, 2002
308
0
0
38
Singapore
sljm.tripod.com
#2
hmmm.... that's weird the neighbour hood shops that i have seems to know.....

develope 1 time only.. abt 50c
 

longman

New Member
Dec 12, 2002
490
0
0
40
South
Visit site
#4
develop ur self at home la, very ez, just need developer , Fixer, ice, themormeter & developer tanks. very costless....

I always develop myself for c41 b&w;)
 

jon33

New Member
Aug 18, 2002
495
0
0
37
go north!
www.imagestation.com
#5
jesser, maybe u can try photo finish at Northpoint. Not bad results the last time i sent 2 rolls of t400cn to them. No colour casts like when you dev at some labs that don't really pay attention to yr c41 b&w film.
 

Juvelyn

New Member
Jun 8, 2002
344
0
0
Visit site
#6
is it better/ cheaper to use chrome film instead of
b&w film?

read in another thread that chrome film
can be developed at any lab

what are the chrome films that are available
here?
 

#7
Originally posted by Juvelyn
is it better/ cheaper to use chrome film instead of
b&w film?

read in another thread that chrome film
can be developed at any lab

what are the chrome films that are available
here?
Then you read wrong. :p

1. Chrome film = slide. Not all labs does slides

2. Chrome film is not better than B&W; B&W is not better than chrome; traditional B&W is not better than C41 B&W; C41 B&W is not better than traditional B&W. It all depends on what you want.

Regards
CK
 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
0
Visit site
#8
isn't C-41 B&W film the kind of film that can be developed using normal colour negative chemicals (Process C-41)

btw, longman, u developed C-41 B&W films with Process C-41 in the darkroom? what films? eg. Kodak T-Max 100? or am i mistaken?
 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
0
Visit site
#9
Originally posted by jesser
I wonder why those photo labs around our neighbourhood
do not understand what is C41 black and white film???:confused:
Even the fujifilm e-pic lab over at Suntec city also dunno what is this.
They even wanted to charge me at $1.00/- per photo.......really:cry: !!!!!

I used to develope it over at Queensway shopping center but now shifted to the north side............very far away.

Anyone knows any lab that prints C41 black and white film over in the north area? Or in city area?

Thanks;)
I noticed that u stay in Serangoon. Which shops u tried? How about the Kodak Express at S'goon Central Dr.?
 

jesser

New Member
Dec 28, 2002
516
0
0
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
#10
Originally posted by mervlam


I noticed that u stay in Serangoon. Which shops u tried? How about the Kodak Express at S'goon Central Dr.?
Hi, i still have not try any shop over at S'goon Central.
All those labs here in s'goon north are lousy.......
kodak, konica and fujifilm.......they just dun really bother. Printout
are dirty.....can see white spots and hair lines on the photos.
Worst still no one knows about c41 b&w.:dunno:
 

#11
But c-41 is the colour process isn't it? So if u buy a roll of B&W c41 film it can be developed by normal labs which process c41 colour films.

Non c-41, just black and white films are more costly to develop, and not eveyone does it. Tt's why film makers created c-41 black and white.
 

jesser

New Member
Dec 28, 2002
516
0
0
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
#12
Originally posted by lyrrad
But c-41 is the colour process isn't it? So if u buy a roll of B&W c41 film it can be developed by normal labs which process c41 colour films.

Non c-41, just black and white films are more costly to develop, and not eveyone does it. Tt's why film makers created c-41 black and white.
This is always the problem that I always have to explain to them.........but they will normally answer
"WE DUN DO B & W PHOTO!":confused:
 

Derrick

Senior Member
May 17, 2002
809
0
16
Singapore
www.derrickchoo.com
#13
Originally posted by jesser


This is always the problem that I always have to explain to them.........but they will normally answer
"WE DUN DO B & W PHOTO!":confused:
I suggest you just go to colorlab at adelphi for all your chromogenic B&W film processing and development. You don't even need to explain anything to them.... problem solved.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom