C4040

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard to get... f1.8 to 2.8 right iirc
c4000 is f2.8 all the way

Anyway, Olympus C-5050Z has the same f/stop too... 1.8~2.6

Originally posted by mystic
is C4040 out of the market? taken over by C5050? Not selling anywhere?

c4040 - taken over by c4000, c7xx series as they are cheaper!

as for c5050 - a new release but slightly different form from the cx040 series.

Originally posted by Snowcrash

c4040 - taken over by c4000, c7xx series as they are cheaper!

as for c5050 - a new release but slightly different form from the cx040 series.
What is the difference? Better than G3? :confused:

how much does a C4040 sell last time? compare to this yr how much hav it drop?? i wan to know if the resale value is good or not.

my dad got it for 1599 at the electronics store at 3rd level, ck tang's. but when i checked the olympus singapore, they said the price was the recommended retail price then. that was 23/9/02 when my dad bought it. less than 2 1/2 months later, the c5050 came out for 1499 with "free gifts" too! sigh... even the money is not mine, i also heart pain....

so which means the drop r hardly to drop... then.... well i was jus afraid i might ruin the camera..... wat do u think i should buy to keep my camera in tip top condition???

i'm a newbie myself, so i just take conventional logic to take care of my 4040: keep dust away from it. don't teach the camera to swim :D

and no, i'm trying to say, that possibly that price of the 4040 at 1599 then was just before the 5050 came out. the 5050's made in japan, if i'm not mistaken. only differences i notice from reviews - lack of hot shoe, only smartmedia can be used, 4.0 megapixels max (actually 3.9 mpels effective) and that's about it.

if the 4040 is still being sold for 1599 now, i'll chop the head of the person who does that - cos the 5050 is only 1499! :p

well i jus found out that some shop still sell that kinda price same as C5050. $1300

Y C4040 the price not going down???:(

Originally posted by Kevin
What is the difference? Better than G3? :confused:

Additional Cost
Olympus C-5050Z don't come with (a) remote controller and (b) Ac adaptor. Both are sold separately as accessories and expensive. G3 provide both as package.

Self-Timer
Olympus C-5050Z self-timer is set only to 12 seconds. G3 self-timer can be adjusted from 2-10secs.

Limited Zoom
Olympus C-5050Z is 3X while G3 is 4X.

Design Wise
G3 has the inframous lens in viewfinder problem. C-5050Z has the infamous flash problem. The flash is at the hand-grip side so postion of the hand is important. Hand may block the flash light if hand not position correctly.

Anyway, I still like my Olympus C-5050Z over G3. :)

Originally posted by e_liau

Additional Cost
Olympus C-5050Z don't come with (a) remote controller and (b) Ac adaptor. Both are sold separately as accessories and expensive. G3 provide both as package.

Self-Timer
Olympus C-5050Z self-timer is set only to 12 seconds. G3 self-timer can be adjusted from 2-10secs.

Limited Zoom
Olympus C-5050Z is 3X while G3 is 4X.

Design Wise
G3 has the inframous lens in viewfinder problem. C-5050Z has the infamous flash problem. The flash is at the hand-grip side so postion of the hand is important. Hand may block the flash light if hand not position correctly.

Anyway, I still like my Olympus C-5050Z over G3. :)
Thanks. :)

Can I check with you on the shutter lag and focusing speed? Is the shutter lag good? less than 1s? Can it focus fast? How bad is the CA? Only in Zoom?

Thanks again...

Sorry mystic, borrow your thread, :embrass:

its ok. fine wif me. I also wan to know more abt it... in the end i decided to buy C730z cos of budget problem....:(

is F1.8 really produce a crisp n clearer pic than F2.8?

its ok. fine wif me. I also wan to know more abt it... in the end i decided to buy C730z cos of budget problem....:(

never, 1.8 is just brighter, ie shutter speeds n af faster

Not necessary clearer(sharper?) but you need less light to focus, so af a bit faster loh (in theory)

I don't open up to f1.8 on my c4040 in normal day shootings...

thanks guys. its seems that im getting C730z to try out first. a tripod is a must for this cam? wat else do i need to purchase???

thanks guys. its seems that im getting C730z to try out first. a tripod is a must for this cam? wat else do i need to purchase???

If you dun really need the 10x zoom.. why not consider the C-4000 as well? It's the small brother of the C-4040 and in some areas better than the C-730.

.... I jus got my cam today..... C730.... Wats the diff? well i check out C4040 is it worth n better than C4040?

Status
Not open for further replies.