C2100 + HOYA +4 closeup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jango

Apr 2, 2002
www.pbase.com
Using the C2100 without any closeup filter, the biggest I can get in macro mode is by setting zoom to half and about 3cm away from the object.

As I wanted to get bigger macros, I yesterday bought a Hoya +4 closeup filter for my C2100. But the end result not much different leh. The size of the object still the same. Or am I using it the wrong way?
:dunno:

how abt set your DC to 10x zoom + macro mode + "+4" Closeup filter ...

Hmm, thought that the minimum distance to the subject at full wide angle for the 2100 is 10cm, and at full zoom is 1m without any filters attached?

If you have taken any pics with the +4 and without, would appreciate if you could share the pics pls? I'm using the uzi too and am thinking about investing in a closeup filter for macro shots but don't know how effective the filters are.

Thanks.

Originally posted by taicw
Hmm, thought that the minimum distance to the subject at full wide angle for the 2100 is 10cm, and at full zoom is 1m without any filters attached?

Thats not really true. Look at this pic : http://www.pbase.com/image/1738573

The clips are about 3cm each. Total width of that frame is about 7cm. Zoom was set to almost half and lens was only about 4-5cm away. Without any filter.

If you have taken any pics with the +4 and without, would appreciate if you could share the pics pls? Thanks.

Sure. Here they are.

Without any closeup filter:
ClipNofilter.jpg

With +4 closeup:
ClipPlus4filter.jpg

As you can see there is a difference. Perhaps I expected too much..hehe..

Thanks, looks interesting, now to decide to spend on +4 filter or save for teleconverter :(

How much did u buy ur +4 for?

Thanks, looks interesting, now to decide to spend on +4 filter or save for teleconverter :(

How much did u buy ur +4 for?

I get my Hoya Filter +4 today at $14.

Siewsphone

Are you getting about the same level of magnification as me? Care to share your experience pls on how to maximise the effect on a C2100? :)

Originally posted by Jango
Siewsphone

Are you getting about the same level of magnification as me? Care to share your experience pls on how to maximise the effect on a C2100? :)

10x Zoom + Close Up ?

Originally posted by siewsphone

You get from where?

AP lor...I will try out recommendation regarding 10X+Macro which Macroweb suggested too. :)

Originally posted by Jango

AP lor...I will try out recommendation regarding 10X+Macro which Macroweb suggested too. :)

Megaweb lah.....:D

Here's what I took yesterday...

Normal macro shot with mid zoom with tripod. Subject is abt 10cm away from the lense.
norm.jpg

With the same setting, I add in the +4 hoya lense.
with%20+4.jpg

Finally, with +4 and refocus by pushing halfway.
with%20+4-focus.jpg

Thanks to Megaweb (get this rite this time!) and siewsphone, yes full 10x zoom is the way to do it.

This is one with abt 1/2 zoom + Macro and +4 filter. Distance abt 6-7cm away.
HalfZoomMacroPlus4.JPG

This one with 10x zoom + Macro and +4 filter. Distance abt 17cm away. Blurness due to handshake. Tripod is definitely required with that amt of magnification.

FullZoomMacroPlus4.JPG

What a world of difference!:thumbsup:

Another shot. We all know how small earphones are...

P4210256.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.