C2040z


Status
Not open for further replies.

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
I have an Olympus Camedia C2040Z (2.1 MP, 3x f1.8 lens) that is just
out of warranty. Includes the standard stuff (8MB SmartMedia, Li-Ion
battery, cables, software,...), and also comes with an additional 32MB
SM card, tripod, and bag.

Asking S$600 ono.
Was quoted this by a 2nd hand seller.

I know it's not worth it.

I had emailed back asking the brand and model or tripod and bag.

Wanna hear you guy's opinon on this.
 

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Originally posted by kylelam77
Totally not worth it unless the tripod costs 200-300 bucks.....
So what price do you suggest for the 2040 with standard accessories?

Without bag, tripod and the 32MB SM.
 

kylelam77

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
370
0
0
42
Los Angeles
Visit site
400+??? Dun know the market price for second hand Oly 2040 but thats the price i'll be willing to pay i guess.... or maybe even less...
 

C

canon

Guest
Originally posted by kylelam77
400+??? Dun know the market price for second hand Oly 2040 but thats the price i'll be willing to pay i guess.... or maybe even less...
brand new is $650 for camera only, I don't think he will sell it that low.
 

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Originally posted by canon


brand new is $650 for camera only, I don't think he will sell it that low.
I offer $500 for it. 2040 with standard accessories only.

Trying my luck only... if cannot then nvm.
 

I

icematrix

Guest
" out of warranty " ?

A40 la. :D
 

C

canon

Guest
just last week there is a guy selling in hardwarezone.

1mth old with 64MB sandisk and warranty, complete item for $550.
brought with receipt from Alan Photo for $640




I hesistated after he said he is selling to buy A40, as A40 easier to use.

Maybe A40 better? ha!
 

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Originally posted by canon
just last week there is a guy selling in hardwarezone.

1mth old with 64MB sandisk and warranty, complete item for $550.
brought with receipt from Alan Photo for $640




I hesistated after he said he is selling to buy A40, as A40 easier to use.

Maybe A40 better? ha!
Cause 2040 more manual functions, he don't know how to use mah.

btw, can give me the url?
 

C

canon

Guest
Originally posted by revenant


Cause 2040 more manual functions, he don't know how to use mah.

btw, can give me the url?
later he mail me sold liao.
brand new also quite cheap $640 for camera plus 64mb card.

similar to A40.

But I would rather go for A40 than a 1.5yrs old ancient camera
 

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Originally posted by canon


later he mail me sold liao.
brand new also quite cheap $640 for camera plus 64mb card.

similar to A40.

But I would rather go for A40 than a 1.5yrs old ancient camera
Thought it's old but it's good :)
 

C

canon

Guest
Originally posted by revenant


Thought it's old but it's good :)
each has it preference :)
 

binbeto

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,312
0
0
46
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Originally posted by canon
just last week there is a guy selling in hardwarezone.

1mth old with 64MB sandisk and warranty, complete item for $550.
brought with receipt from Alan Photo for $640




I hesistated after he said he is selling to buy A40, as A40 easier to use.

Maybe A40 better? ha!
I think that guy maybe be just giving an excuse lah. ;)

If he sell a C2040 to buy a A40(new from shop) he will lugi a lot.
 

kylelam77

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
370
0
0
42
Los Angeles
Visit site
It doesnt mean anything ancient is bad. I'd rather go for something tried and tested than a new thing whose picture quality is frankly nothing fantastic..... Besides, with those limited options available, it just doesn't compare to the 2040.
 

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
The 32MB Olympus SM, tripod, and bag are all part of the Olympus
package at the time I bought this 2040. Tripod has never been used, or
even unboxed (I have a Velbon).
Since I'm telling you this (and not tying to sell them apart from the
package) would you agree to $530? (in other words, the original asking
price of S$600 already includes all this.)

Camera is in perfect working condition.
Comments?

The tripod that came with the cam is what brand and model huh? Good enough anot?

btw, I'm trying to bargain for $500.
 

C

canon

Guest
Originally posted by revenant


Comments?

The tripod that came with the cam is what brand and model huh? Good enough anot?

btw, I'm trying to bargain for $500.
I think $500 is ok, but $600 is definately not worth it.
Just look at the menu system, compared to A40
A40 even has noise reduction, C2040 when you zoom in and see the picture, there is full of noise.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.