c-770 ultra add-on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tca27

Apr 16, 2006
I'm into photography but cant quite afford a digital SLR at the moment so i'll just learn the ropes and polish up my skills wif my Olympus c770 till i can cough up the dough for the DSLR (any recommendations ?? looking at the Olympus E-330 / 500 series, izzit good and how's the batt life?)

Juz wanna know any bros know where i could get a tele and wide angle lens for my c-770 camera and wat's the damage like for them ?

the battery sucks as i took it to the CP rally and the batt died on me after say 30 -40 shots. i've called olympus and they have said that the ext'g batt LI-10 has been upgraded to LI-12 or something and it cost abt $68/pc, guessed i'ved got to get them soon b6 tiz week's CP rally at Kallang.

thanks, tc

why not look at the older e-300? .. it's still a very solid performer ... body is surely more solid than the e500 ... and it's dirt cheap on the 2nd hand market ...

Oo, I didn't know that my 750 can have lenses added. Are they expensive? Can they be used for the E-series? cos if they can't it'll be such a waste of money once you upgrade to a dslr.

Juz have a question to ask the pros here :

1. Can i add a Raynox PLP-C70 polarizer len to my c-770uz and at the same time attach the DCR-2020PRO ?

2. Izzit necessary to get the RT5245C7 lens holder if i juz wanna use the DCR-2020PRO ?

Thanks, tc

Cliffy said:
Oo, I didn't know that my 750 can have lenses added. Are they expensive? Can they be used for the E-series? cos if they can't it'll be such a waste of money once you upgrade to a dslr.

Prices of these lens can be found in Consumers Corner

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=189178

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=189427

These are front mounted add-on lenses and can be used on the E-series with the right filter size, although there may be some drop in quality.

tca27 said:
Juz have a question to ask the pros here :

1. Can i add a Raynox PLP-C70 polarizer len to my c-770uz and at the same time attach the DCR-2020PRO ?

2. Izzit necessary to get the RT5245C7 lens holder if i juz wanna use the DCR-2020PRO ?

Thanks, tc

1. Even if you can, it is not recommended as the polarizer will be sitting behind the conversion lens.

2. I believe so.

Yes...., juz got my new batt from eastgear at Peninsular Plaza :thumbsup:. must say that the service staff really made my day as they were friendly and service wif a smile even though i was juz buying a battery costing less than $25/-. First time there and sure to say may not be my last.

now to see if the batt would last tomorrow at the kallang CP rally......

Status
Not open for further replies.