C-750 + Metz44 MZ2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymondb

Oct 21, 2003
Recently I encountered this problem:

With the C-750 set to manual exposure mode, combined with a Metz 44MZ2 external flash,
the flash will only fire once every other shot. i.e., 1st shot fired, 2nd shot didnt,
third shot fired, fourth didnt.....

Anyone here encounter the same?

Raymond

i have the 44mz2 too.but my C750 not with me now ,will let u know next week..

slash99 said:
i have the 44mz2 too.but my C750 not with me now ,will let u know next week..

Hi Slash99.

Did you try your flash? Do you have the same problem?

Thanks
Raymond

I think th flash capacitor is not fully charge. So 1st shot fire but the subsequence don't cos the flash is charging.

Ender said:
I think th flash capacitor is not fully charge. So 1st shot fire but the subsequence don't cos the flash is charging.

Thank you for your reply.
Your reasoning is possibly right. However, I don't think it is so in my case.

When the flash is set to TTL, it fires at every shot.

Raymond

I just notice something strange on my 750, wonder is it normal? Any one can advise?

After I on the cam and play with it, I off it, change to a new set of batteries. When I on the cam again, all settings, including date, time are reset.

I did not experience this last time.

If I did not on the cam and play with it, just change the batteries, the settings remain.

I remember all settings like speed, focus, ... are reset if I set the 'reset' to on but not for date, time as well.

I also remember last time if I change batteries while shooting, the date, time did not reset.

Can any one advise? Or my memory has failed me?

lonelyarine said:
I just notice something strange on my 750, wonder is it normal? Any one can advise?

After I on the cam and play with it, I off it, change to a new set of batteries. When I on the cam again, all settings, including date, time are reset.

I did not experience this last time.

If I did not on the cam and play with it, just change the batteries, the settings remain.

I remember all settings like speed, focus, ... are reset if I set the 'reset' to on but not for date, time as well.

I also remember last time if I change batteries while shooting, the date, time did not reset.

Can any one advise? Or my memory has failed me?

Did you leave your camera with emptied batteries in it for long period ? Most settings including the dates will be set to factory setting if the camera is left without power for long period.

Raymond

Raymondb said:
Did you leave your camera with emptied batteries in it for long period ? Most settings including the dates will be set to factory setting if the camera is left without power for long period.

Raymond

no, my cam is always loaded with fully charged batteries.

I remember the settings can last for 1 hour without batteries before they reset to default.

Someone told me it could be the capacitor problem, or the spare battery is finished. I don't remember 750 has spare battery?

So far I notice only if I change batteries after I use the cam, then things got reset. If I do not use the cam, at most on the cam then off the cam, things remain the same after I changed batteries.

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.