C-730, c-740, c-750. What's the big difference ?


Status
Not open for further replies.
M

myhome50

Guest
#1
Just did side-by-side comparison in dpreview and saw that they are almost identical except for the megapixel difference , c-740 does not support sound recording, digital zoom and physical difference.

Have encounter a few times people mentioned that c-730 have some "camera shake" issue.
C-740 and c-750 was just released recently. Will this problem still be an issue ??
:dunno:
 

zan

New Member
Jun 8, 2002
26
0
0
Visit site
#2
c730-c740-c750 differences
- 730 uses both SM and XD card media, 740+750 only uses XD cards
- 740 + 750 is lighter in weight and slightly slimmer in design
- 730+750 records video with sound, but 740 does video w/o sound. 750 could record a longer clip than 730
- 750 has 40x zoom =4(digi)x10(tele) while 730+740 both have 30x zoom = 3(digi)x10 (tele)
- 750 is regarded as an 4mp cam.. while 730+740 are both 3mp cams with 740uz with a slight increase
- from specs, 750+740 would ahve better macro capabiltes

in terms of performance, the slow focus in low light conditions is still present in 750uz
I felt that no image stabilising was incorporated into the 2 newer models, the 750uz's zoom is impressive but along comes with a bigger problem of trying to capture a pic with steady hands.
For me, taking a pic with hands using optimal zoom in the exhibition hall lighting, would more or less result in the motion blurred images in their auto mode. better results could be yield by adjusting shutter speeds+aperture.

overall I see both 750uz as an 730uz with more zoom without solving the prior problems
 

kit90210

New Member
May 11, 2002
194
0
0
42
Visit site
#3
I thought new cameras would have significant improvements in the time lag issue....:( Canon has launched its Logic processor for quite a while already, wonder how come Olympus has no such developements....:dunno:
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by kit90210
I thought new cameras would have significant improvements in the time lag issue....:( Canon has launched its Logic processor for quite a while already, wonder how come Olympus has no such developements....:dunno:
hi, fyi the digic processor saves more for canon than it does u. it stacks multiple chip functions into one.
I have said before, canon mktg is good.
aiaf: olympus had this since my 2100uz.
pc connect: usb pnp drive since 2040 or something
direct photoprint: olympus had such printers since the 1mp cameras. p300e, p330, p400 etc long long ago
so are u sad about the shutter lag or the digic? shutter lag it depends on company policy, if u wanted really short lags u should get the older Ricoh 3mp cam, super fast.


as for handshake, if u want zoom and control buy a 7x0, else buy the cheaper 12x lumix, which has fantastic 12x IS zoom at f2 but nothing else. handshake is a problem inherent in all non stabilised lens. and a 10x zoom at f3.5 DOES NOT HAVE SLR EQUIVALENT, so rationalise.

the 730's main prob was horrible AF, I shall see tmw if the 750 solves that.
 

kit90210

New Member
May 11, 2002
194
0
0
42
Visit site
#5
Yeah...what you've said is very helpful... Thanks....:angel:
 

HydroPoP

New Member
Jun 18, 2002
956
0
0
hydrop.multiply.com
#6
One major factor that withheld my purchace of the olympus c-750 was the use of xD picture card. It seems that only fuji and olympus use this xD picture card and they are extremely expensive.

Just like the smart media card of my old fuji finepix 2800z, cannot be used in a new camera anymore....and i have a 64mb and 128mb....

But CF cards seems to be widely in use for camreas and other digital devices...and they are very cheap. $99 for a 256mb CF card.

So I have not made my purchase of a new digi cam yet. Products in consideration....C-750 vs G3 and G5 vs coolpix 5400 vs C-5050.
 

MaGixShOe

Senior Member
Apr 16, 2002
3,010
0
0
magixshoe.clubsnap.org
#8
Originally posted by MrBig
Don't waste your time and $$$ on these cams

Their picture quality sucks big time

Advice given :D
oh issit?
then what camera gives the best picture quality leh?:angel:
 

kit90210

New Member
May 11, 2002
194
0
0
42
Visit site
#9
Originally posted by MrBig
Don't waste your time and $$$ on these cams

Their picture quality sucks big time

Advice given :D
hahaha..... MrBig really lives up to his nick.... talks BIG.....:bsmilie:

I think MrBig is saying that only DSLR gives good picture quality....right?
:cool:
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#11
tried out the 750... smaller lens shorter...
erm but AF still not much better... SIGH no digicam upgrade path for me STILL...
mju 400 is a gold version of 300, nuff said.

panasonic lc33 not bad at 3mp and leica design showing somehow... but the AF *after* shutter still in action == 1 sec shutter lag..

nikon SQ gin bottle == nuff said
 

B

bergkamp33

Guest
#12
Comparing C-730uz and C-150uz...
Wat is the difference?
Which one is better?
 

kerwen

New Member
Sep 18, 2002
40
0
0
41
Visit site
#13
These are the 750 plus points that i feel:

super macro mode up to 3cm,
longer optical zoom,
movie + sound for as long as your media can contain
hot shoe for flash
the lcd is much sharper
slightly smaller but stronger metallic body compare to 730
runs on AAA battery

The minus points could be:
slow autofocus ,
only use more xpensive sd card
image quality? waiting for reviews :)
 

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com
#14
Originally posted by HydroPoP
But CF cards seems to be widely in use for camreas and other digital devices...and they are very cheap. $99 for a 256mb CF card.
Which other brands of cameras use CF besides Nikon and Canon? :dunno:
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#15
Originally posted by kerwen
These are the 750 plus points that i feel:

super macro mode up to 3cm,
longer optical zoom,
movie + sound for as long as your media can contain
hot shoe for flash
the lcd is much sharper
slightly smaller but stronger metallic body compare to 730
runs on AAA battery

The minus points could be:
slow autofocus ,
only use more xpensive sd card
image quality? waiting for reviews :)
are these pts vs 730?
if so:
- macro was there (but couldn't focus on same scene duno why)
- zoom was there
- movie direct was there
- AA battery or cr??3 only
- af same as 730 if not slower

thanks
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#16
Originally posted by Bean
Which other brands of cameras use CF besides Nikon and Canon? :dunno:
no other, unless certain high end models like the oly 5050 and the fuji 602, or some casio models iirc

oly/fuji == sm xd
toshiba == sd xd(?)
panasonic == sd
sony = ms
konica = ms* sd
kyocera/pentax/casio = sd

epson/HP == can't remember
 

B

bergkamp33

Guest
#17
Originally posted by kerwen
These are the 750 plus points that i feel:

super macro mode up to 3cm,
longer optical zoom,
movie + sound for as long as your media can contain
hot shoe for flash
the lcd is much sharper
slightly smaller but stronger metallic body compare to 730
runs on AAA battery

The minus points could be:
slow autofocus ,
only use more xpensive sd card
image quality? waiting for reviews :)
As I know, C-730uz also can record movie + sound for as long as your media can contain right. (correct me if I am wrong?)

Which one is more worthwhile buying?
 

kerwen

New Member
Sep 18, 2002
40
0
0
41
Visit site
#18
Originally posted by bergkamp33
As I know, C-730uz also can record movie + sound for as long as your media can contain right. (correct me if I am wrong?)

Which one is more worthwhile buying?
i think 730 movie with no audio. anyway, the point i want to put out is that 750 movie can take to the max capacity of the xd.
1 more point is that the 750 got aspherical ED (extra dispersion) glass lens which i really hope can improve the overall image quality. really tempting to buy haha.
 

B

bergkamp33

Guest
#19
Originally posted by kerwen
i think 730 movie with no audio. anyway, the point i want to put out is that 750 movie can take to the max capacity of the xd.
1 more point is that the 750 got aspherical ED (extra dispersion) glass lens which i really hope can improve the overall image quality. really tempting to buy haha.
How much is C-750uz?
 

kit90210

New Member
May 11, 2002
194
0
0
42
Visit site
#20
Originally posted by bergkamp33
How much is C-750uz?
Price at Alan Photo is $820 including GST. Just found out today!;)

But if you wanna get the promotional package i.e. with Tripod, charger, 64mb card, then it's $999 everywhere....:)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom