C 2100 still in the market and very alive as option .

Status
Not open for further replies.

syncmaster

Mar 15, 2002
Greece
two.xthost.info
Hello people ..

It looks to be in the WEB some rumors about the death of the C 2100 as model ..
Today in one Greek High Tech magazine had one comparison of 32 digital cameras .

The C 2100 is the golden buy of all the test , after this test , it looks that the Olympus Hellas , does not look to have any problems with the stock .

And also as long the Olympus is pushing the C 2100 in the market , this camera model is very alive as option ..

Other models from Olympus in this test was :
C1
C2
C40
C100
C120
C220
C700
C2100
C3020
C4040
E10
E20P

The E20P Got the title of the camera for Pro’s .
The C120 Got the title of the over all good solution .
And the NIKON coolpix 5700 , got the title as good camera at 3MP .
( as one good option for photo reporters ,due the fast shader speed .)
And the C2100 come as TOP for semi professionals and demanding users .

Originally posted by syncmaster
Hello people ..

It looks to be in the WEB some rumors about the death of the C 2100 as model ..
Today in one Greek High Tech magazine had one comparison of 32 digital cameras .

The C 2100 is the golden buy of all the test , after this test , it looks that the Olympus Hellas , does not look to have any problems with the stock .

And also as long the Olympus is pushing the C 2100 in the market , this camera model is very alive as option ..

Other models from Olympus in this test was :
C1
C2
C40
C100
C120
C220
C700
C2100
C3020
C4040
E10
E20P

The E20P Got the title of the camera for Pro’s .
The C120 Got the title of the over all good solution .
And the NIKON coolpix 5700 , got the title as good camera at 3MP .
( as one good option for photo reporters ,due the fast shader speed .)
And the C2100 come as TOP for semi professionals and demanding users .

Thks for bringing this pc of news from the other side of the globe....but seems that the stk level of C-2100UZ in S'pore is at an all time low right now......

Originally posted by mpenza

really? it's a 5MP camera....

The test was separating , the cameras to 2MP ones , and above 3MP cameras .
So in the 3 MP and above category the NIKON coolpix 5700 ,got the title .
Its my fault that I miss interpreter the results .

Olympus Malaysia says that 2100uz has been discontinued...:dunno:

Originally posted by Kho King
Olympus Malaysia says that 2100uz has been discontinued...:dunno:

The portion of stock is one mixed story ..
The Europe does have some ..
The America is full of European stock , called as black market one , plus that they still have few of their own red boxes ..

It looks that something wrong is hapening ,and Olympus does not have any control ..

Originally posted by syncmaster

The portion of stock is one mixed story ..
The Europe does have some ..
The America is full of European stock , called as black market one , plus that they still have few of their own red boxes ..

It looks that something wrong is hapening ,and Olympus does not have any control ..

Hmmm......Olympus has no control over such 'grey market' stock from Europe on sale in USA.

Think this is a matter of suuply and demand, the C-2100UZ is getting some sort of cult status among many DC users in USA...and with news that the production had stopped...there's no wonder that ppl start to look elsewhere for supply.

Originally posted by Jayan

Hmmm......Olympus has no control over such 'grey market' stock from Europe on sale in USA.

Think this is a matter of suuply and demand, the C-2100UZ is getting some sort of cult status among many DC users in USA...and with news that the production had stopped...there's no wonder that ppl start to look elsewhere for supply.

I will totaly agree with this theory ..

Originally posted by rubric
Does anyone know which shops have the c2100? What about AP/CP? Ive always been awed by the amount of zoom.

My friend just bought one at S$980 from AP last Sat :cool:

Was it just for the camera alone? Any freebies?

I got this as freebie .... :bsmilie:

p400.jpg

WOW! :D

This was one special offer ,for limited time , and yes i was damn lucky :D

This offer was cost only 171$ US , above the price of one single camera .
But the offer was in payments on my credit card at 36 portions, interest free .
So this 171 $ could be just the bank interest , if I was getting even one single camera with out this offer .

The up come is that , that the printer did not cost me anything ..
The funny part is that I was going mostly for the camera , so with one shot I got it all .
I am glad that I was lucky on this one , because most of the times ,in everything that have to do with luck ,its just does not work for me ..

u tried AP at simlim?

Originally posted by Jer76
u tried AP at simlim?

AP=Alan Photo Trading on ground floor of Sim Lim Square.

They definitely have a few pcs left on their shelves.....hurry.

I called Alan Photo at 7+pm. They said no stocks. Neither do Fotoguide and MS Colour. Does Olympus Singapore sell it? :dunno:
BTW, I've noticed quite a number of 2100uz users here on CS. What do you guys think about using it for street photography? Hope to get some feedback & thx in advance.

I called Alan Photo at 7+pm. They said no stocks. Neither do Fotoguide and MS Colour. Does Olympus Singapore sell it? :dunno:
BTW, I've noticed quite a number of 2100uz users here on CS. What do you guys think about using it for street photography? Hope to get some feedback & thx in advance.

IMHO, it's good for candid shoots.
Check this:
http://www.pbase.com/deegos/coa

Status
Not open for further replies.