bye guys and gals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
i'm quitting photography until i have the money to buy myself a camera. not likely to be happening anytime soon - at least one year plus in the making, earliest. by that time i hope that i can remember to come back to this site.

in the meanwhile i'll use my CS web account to the fullest to hold all my other stuff, to make full worth of the 60 bucks hosting. :)

Originally posted by sehsuan
i'm quitting photography until i have the money to buy myself a camera. not likely to be happening anytime soon - at least one year plus in the making, earliest. by that time i hope that i can remember to come back to this site.

in the meanwhile i'll use my CS web account to the fullest to hold all my other stuff, to make full worth of the 60 bucks hosting. :)

Didn't you have a camera? If not, just buy a cheap P&S like the Oly Mju II. :)

Regards
CK

hi, some thoughts to think thr ;)

the spirit of photography does not end
keep the fire burning and let it blossom
be it without a 10D or 1Ds or D1x
the eye of the beholder is the ulitmate
sadness is the one who leave their creative vision
for it is the road to endless memorable moments
which capture moments in the past
share and pass at will
which render countless smile across ...

here our friend fav pic and is also mine !!

http://www.openlens.com/~tomshen/gallery/featured_036_040.htm#5

Photography is not about owning a camera, it is an interest that you like to pursue, you must appreciate what you have, using what you have and do the best you can with it and use it to help you earn the money for new equipment... that will last you a long way. I myself started the hobby 15 years ago with a simple point and shoot camera and use it to come out with some good shots that can help earn some money which I used to invest in equipment piece by piece. So don't give up continue to pursue it with what you ever you got... don't let any setback or dismay stop you!

Hi Sehz,

I understand your disappointment. What i'm going to write here is not my advice for you. Its just suggestions for fellow photographer.

I have seen your pictures. It tells lots of stories. I like your perspective. You have an artistic talent. You must value it. You should not give it up just because of some disappointment.

Get along with your dad and try to understand his point of view. Definitely he will do for your best only. Understand and you should make him to appreciate your work and encourage you to go for photography. You should prove yourself like that. You should not just give up and don't let this world miss your talents.

don't hurt his feelings by giving back the belated birthday gift.

Think twice before you give up the photography.

Have a great day.

Friendly,
Madhi

come on fraggle rock... u're cutting ur nose off to spite ur face...
show ur old man u can shoot great shots and maybe he'll relent... maybe buy him a few shiok shiok DVDs and open his mind...
dun let spite get in the way of things...

All this just because your dad doesn't allow you to take the 10D out?
Worth it? :bsmilie:

You're starting to make yourself look a lil silly yah know.

;)

yeoh buddy ........

me dont noe wat actually happened to make u jump onto that decizion ..........

wat happened to ur DC .......... ?? ......... can still uze it wat ......

bezidez ........ me think u r not the kind of perzon who can only take picz with a 10D or 1Ds ...........

hope that u will conzider again .....

take care ........... :thumbsup:

:D

madhi, thank you for your remarks, but i don't think i've ever saw your posts in reply to my pictures. not to suggest you're saying things that are meant to flatter me, but seriously, have you seen my work? no comments from people == not thought-provoking == lousy pics. but seriously, me? artistic? :bsmilie:

denizenx - are you sure it's fraggle rock and not Gonzo? you know, the purple/bluish one with the banana nose? :D the old man has no composition, and i'll save my saliva and let him enjoy his own arsenal of lemme count...

1 x sony dsc 70
1 x sony dsc 717
1 x canon 10d
1 x olympus 4040

that should make him really happy - he prefer shots with the orange quartz date. let it be. ;)

nookie - me making myself look silly? i digress. i'm returning what i don't feel comfortable owning. but if it makes you happy to think i'm silly, yes, then i'm silly. ;)

fooxx, i think i'm changing. instead of shooting pictures OF bikini babes at sentosa, why not i change my perspective to shooting pictures TOGETHER WITH bikini babes on sentosa? hahaha...

wah kao u poor tormented kid... now u know why I dun go SEED ;p
hmm then bo pian... moonlight plus main job lor... like me...

and if u ever need another guy to balance the bikini thing... tell me! ;)

Haiyo, with this kind of attitude, i think you made the right choice by quitting lah.

Cos next time when 100000D comes out, you'll start this BS all over again. :bsmilie:

Originally posted by denizenx
and if u ever need another guy to balance the bikini thing... tell me! ;)

erm... i'll try to assemble something like... Charlie's Angels or Hill's Angels, but hopefully it's large enough a group to call it Sehz's ARMY..... :embrass:

first of all... take a deep breath, step back and then TAKE A LOOK AT THE FREAKING WORLD AROUND YOU. judging from your website you seem to have a rather comfortable life huh...YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL! pple ard the world are dying from starvation and poverty and u're griping bout how DADDY WON'T LET YOU PLAY WITH HIS TOY? as much i admire the fact that u wanna be independent and not use his money anymore... u shouldn't be whinning bout such immaterial stuff when there are others out there who are having even trouble have 3 meals a days. so think about it b4 u lambast someone who's given u such a blessed life.

p.s nie pays ur sch fees rite and gives u allowances every month so i dun see why u should have any trouble saving up for a dslr in a short time so juz bear with it then a take up another hobby or something. :p

erm... i'll try to assemble something like... Charlie's Angels or Hill's Angels, but hopefully it's large enough a group to call it Sehz's ARMY..... :embrass:

sehz's who? LOL dadadum!
what army hallo... kok kok kok we shd just reopen Mahalo at siloso beach and do some CockTail

mystix, there's an obvious reason why i'm not working as a missionary/relief worker in other countries... :p

the case here (since closed) is not about not being able to bring the camera out. it's rather, i'm still not trusted to take care of the camera that i was given. so what can i do, but to give it back to the one who knows how to take care of it? anyway, my composition doesn't raise an eyebrow, so let's forget it - it's better for me to put an end to this BUY BUY BUY business... :D

denizenx, erm... you *could* join me, you know... wahahahaha :D

*hears "kokomo" in his head right now*

mystix, there's an obvious reason why i'm not working as a missionary/relief worker in other countries... :p

Don't need to do either to know you've got a better deal in life.

the case here (since closed) is not about not being able to bring the camera out. it's rather, i'm still not trusted to take care of the camera that i was given. so what can i do, but to give it back to the one who knows how to take care of it? anyway, my composition doesn't raise an eyebrow, so let's forget it - it's better for me to put an end to this BUY BUY BUY business... :D

Well, I think your dad just felt abit "sim tia" about spending so much money on the camera & would just like to savour its presence at home first. I think its hard for him to express this & in the end he tells you something else which just comes out all wrong.

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
*snip*

I think its hard for him to express this & in the end he tells you something else which just comes out all wrong.

then sweep it under the carpet, *again*...

Status
Not open for further replies.