bye guys and gals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving up photography just because you don't have access to the 10D? Have you considered using a film SLR? A decent 2nd hand one(e.g EOS50+grip <$500) doesn't cost much and is more than adequate for your purpose of shooting sports events.

FYI, I use a 13year old Minolta SLR for martial arts tournements and its rather adequate.

Other times I use my 602, which is also more rather competent in that area. You don't necessarily require a 10D you know?

Guess you should just take a step back and think of whether your interest lies in photography or the equipment.

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
hmm you're not making it easy for yourself huh?

HUH?:dunno:

Originally posted by Zerstorer
*snip*

Guess you should just take a step back and think of whether your interest lies in photography or the equipment.

equipment! :D

Originally posted by sehsuan
HUH?:dunno:

meaning you can't always assume that is how someone else will react & when you insist on sticking to a certain point of view cos that is your belief that the person is acting the way you expect him to react - you will never be happy as you didn't dig to the bottom of things ie have a heart to heart talk & not sound confrontational or be stubborn.

Like that how to be happy rite?

Sorry if I don't sound too coherent - anyway its late liao - got to go pack my bag & zzz.

Things usually do get sorted out eventually.

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
u said it all bro.....

;( ;( regards

that was a tongue-in-cheek answer, but if all my earlier posted pics showed that i'm an equipment guy, that means you have not seen my pictures.

lilz, heart to heart talk? over something as mundane as photography? :bsmilie:

equipment! :D

Ah, as expected, after that vitriolic tantrum which far exceeds the ones I've seen the in admin forums back when I was still with the CS admin team (or any 6 year old kid, come to think of it).

Perhaps you'd like to think what photography is about again. Or maybe not.

EOS-10D, 1Ds or forget it

Words spoken like a true spoilt brat. Good bye, and good riddance.

lilz, heart to heart talk? over something as mundane as photography? :bsmilie:

hahaha very funny

aiya u know what i mean lah - i mean where your relationship with your dad is concerned.

Dunno why but fathers usually have a harder time relating to their kids as they spend so much time away from them & the mother is usually the caregiver.

Hey teacher-to-be, this is a basic fact of how things turn out pretty often mah.

Originally posted by YSLee
I'm no longer a member of the Clubsnap administration, so don't even try to take me to task with what I say. Be offended at your own risk (idiots especially).

ok, i shan't be offended. but how come you're not a member of the admin? :D

call me brat if you want, but i prefer to earn my own money, to get what i *want* (not *need*). thankfully i learnt the difference between "want" and "need" when i was in sec. sch. :)

that was a tongue-in-cheek answer, but if all my earlier posted pics showed that i'm an equipment guy, that means you have not seen my pictures.

eh..no offence, but your pictures arent really that fantastic at all.

Given your mentality , i wouldnt be surprised that 10D = Better pictures.

Seriously, quit being a primary school teacher while you can.

I fear the worst for our younger generation.

Originally posted by Giantnookie
eh..no offence, but your pictures arent really that fantastic at all.

Given your mentality , i wouldnt be surprised that 10D = Better pictures.

Seriously, quit being a primary school teacher while you can.

I fear the worst for our younger generation.

i know. i'm experimenting to see how lousy i can shoot.

seriously you should quit harping on me, and see what YOU can shoot. :D

ok, i shan't be offended. but how come you're not a member of the admin? :D

call me brat if you want, but i prefer to earn my own money, to get what i *want* (not *need*). thankfully i learnt the difference between "want" and "need" when i was in sec. sch. :)

Er... if you prefer to earn your own money, to get what you want or need, what's all these whining about? Some attentions needed? :dunno:

Oh dear, then what was the original whining and ranting all about in the first place? You clearly were upset that you could not get a freeride on your dad's 10D, even though he has a justification for doing what he did.

So now in your frustration in not getting something you want you decide to miss the forest for the trees, by giving up photography (check out the definition sometime, btw) till you buy a particular camera you want. How shallow an approach to photography, and what a great underlying sense of hypocrisy in your actions.

I hope you grow up soon, but given your attitude and past history (I have friends who blog, and all don't have very nice things to say about you), I don't have much hope. Then again, I don't really care. Have a good day, and like I said earlier, good riddance.

(BTW, aren't you supposed to be quitting? My my, that's quite an achievement, to stay and quit at the same time)

I can't believe I actually read thru most of your threads including the original one where u were whining abt ur dad....

some conclusions:
childish, spoilt, serious lack of respect for ur dad.

Good that you're quitting... then maybe u can spend more time growing up and learning to appreciate your dad.

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

sehsuan, if all of what you've said about your dad is true, alrite I do empathise with you to some extend. But carrying it this far is kinda overboard. I don't know, I'm 24 this year too, and seriously I can't think of any of my same age friends who'd behave like you do.

If you give up photography for the reasons you gave, then I think you can forget about the 1 or 2 yrs when you earn your DSLR. Just spend the bucks on maybe your bikes or something that you have genuine interests in. Maybe get some good physio to nurse your knee so that you can run like Forrest again. Good luck pal.

Perhaps you'd like to return everything your dad has ever given to you in your 24 years.

Like education (which allows you to get to become a teacher.... I seriously start to wonder how MOE does their selection of people to mould our future generations), health (which allows you to dive), a blessed childhood full of toys, fatherly care when you were crawling on the floor, etc etc......

Well, anyway, I don't expect an answer from u, u've left this forum rite?:devil:

sehsuan,

Given that I don't know you in person, have never spoken with you on IRC that I remember and have no idea of your family background or circumstances here's my impressions of you based on your two thread rant the following summation has been reached.

Your nothing but a spoiled kid with a big mouth, bad attitude and frankly you need to stop whinging and whining and get on with your life.

So what if your father won't let you take his new toy out to play, so what if you don't like the photos he takes, its his camera, his money and his house, NOT YOURS and it's no reason for your innane ramblings.

Now grow up and start acting your age, rather than your shoe size.

This post represents the views of Ian speaking as a user of the forum, NOT as a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.