Bye Bye Portugal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Jan 6, 2005
Germany vs Portugal...

3rd Place Match ..

Lucky france. If they didn't get penalty, the result will be different.

Felt portugal was better in this match. But could not convert. Wasted. Figo wasted a few balls.

It's going to a boring Finals. The 3rd/4th playoffs will be more exciting :thumbsup:

heh ...if only i can stay up *struggles* :bsmilie:

From the past history, who ever won the 3rd place will be out for next WC :sweat:
Check it out from website :bigeyes:
Is a curse!

henry know he cant make it in international, and had to use this type of method to get france thru.
shame on henry and france
tats why i never liked henry, even with all the hype saying hes damn good... blah blah blah.
any player tat cant perform on international lvl aint worth these hypes imo.

Zaknafein said:
...and had to use this type of method to get france thru.
shame on henry and france

Well, hope you watched the match before you made the comment.
Carvalho did leave his leg out and it tripped him. The ref gave the penalty.
You should have seen the theatrical attempts made by the Portugese to try to get a penalty. The ref should have yellow carded a couple of them.

Well, the team set-up at Arsenal is different from the French National team. At Arsenal, everything flows through him. The team is built around him and he is the go-to guy.
In France, everything goes through Zidane. Also, notice how much higher he plays in this World Cup.

Saying that, I think the French will do better with Trazeguet alone upfront. He's more suited for that role.

yes i watched the match.
there was contact between carvalho and henry. but it looks to me henry that, after henry knew carvalho's leg was there, he just dived. if u saw his facial expression, many would agree to me that it was a dive. maybe u should watch the replay. :)
now, i never said i like the way portugese play, the frequency they dives, everybody knows. but i think portugese played better yesterday, and they deserve to win more than france did. but then again, this is football. the deserving team doesnt always wins.
i agree with u, trezeguet is a much better choice to henry. firstly, becos hes a hitman, and henry is nto that type of player. 2ndly, i think henry can only get pass his defenders in EPL, and its a smart decision for him to stay at arsenal. put him in italian seria A or la liga, i think he'll be a bench warmer.
not trying to start a flame, just my 2 cents.

WC is like that, see who acting is good and act like real. So Rooney acting is good or not :think:

JL1500k said:
WC is like that, see who acting is good and act like real. So Rooney acting is good or not :think:
And he might probably know the match result in advanced, hence he rather quit early, the professional way? :think:

Aiya, Figo wasted the header over the bar from Ronaldo's free kick la.
That one got me off my seat.

JL1500k said:

lol rooney dun care... just push ronaldo, teammate or not :p

I and my friend bought portugal jerseys from QW and went to a pub to watch the match. To my surprise we were the only customers last night. Somemore wearing portugal jerseys.:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

My 100+bucks last for only one night:cry: . Hopefully they can make it in Euro 2008.

Horsba85 said:
Aiya, Figo wasted the header over the bar from Ronaldo's free kick la.
That one got me off my seat.
yeah, wasted...
but i was surprised they r using ronaldo as freekick taker...

mephesto said:
Well, hope you watched the match before you made the comment.
Carvalho did leave his leg out and it tripped him. The ref gave the penalty.
You should have seen the theatrical attempts made by the Portugese to try to get a penalty. The ref should have yellow carded a couple of them.

Agree fully with you. I think it would have been criminal if Portugal had gone thru' to the Finals. They are a team of many cheaters who flop at the slightest chance. I think they were fortunate that they ended the match with 11 players intact - if I were the referee, I'd have sent 2 or 3 off for simulation.

Also, with the French defence playing with so much control and poise, the Portugese could have tried all night and not scored. Now if only the Germans had made it thru' too then we'd have a better Final.

well, if u look at it tat way, i agree with u that portugese play issnt the most fair. however, i find portugese playing style is a lot nicer to watch then france. so in that way, i would prefer portugal to go thru :)

however i dun agree with u on germany. i think italy have been playing quite consistantly, if not too well... their strikers aren't really performing. but again, i like the way they create their goals. pirlo, totti, gilardino all has good vision of the game. plus their defence is still quite solid even without nesta. to me, i think this german side is still too young. almost 3 or 4 of their players can play 2 more world cups!!

Germany is gonna win 3rd place.

I think C. Ronaldo is going to be the next hated footballer. Last night, whenever he gets the ball, he got Boooo. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.