Buying used Pentax-A lens in shops.

chinnian

Sep 10, 2007
Hello all, need your advice.

I'm currently looking for a used Pentax A 50/F1.7 used lens.
Other than eBay and B&S section here, do you guys know of shops here that sells lens at reasonable prices? Or online is the only way to go without being carrot-chopped?

thanks!

hi, online doesn't mean won't get carrot chopped as sometimes there is no real guide for these lenses.

same applies for ebay and b&s, for such lenses unless there is a constant steady supply with a very clearcut market pricing people usually just pay what it's worth to them.

i think on rare occasions you can find pentax lenses at cash converters.. don't get your hopes up though. they might usually be snapped up in a jiffy.

for second hand lens shops, you can check peninsula plaza. i think you can bargain, but i don't really think you will get a very reasonable deal.

Cash Convertors? I think those lenses must be on shelf for long time and how would they store them? I don't think they store in Dry Cabinet, do you?

Better buy from CSer I think.

Cash Convertors? I think those lenses must be on shelf for long time and how would they store them? I don't think they store in Dry Cabinet, do you?

Better buy from CSer I think.

of course not.

but it is possible to find fungus free lenses in even cash converters. ;)

want a bargain, then must hunt and work for it. there is no free lunch in this world.. if it was easy to find old lenses at unbelievable prices, you bet those lenses would be snapped up in a jiffy. if there was a source that could bring in old lenses at unbelievable prices, you bet after a while that source would also start increasing its price according to demand.

Last edited:
Alex photo in peninsular has quite afew k-mount lenses for sale.

Last time i saw a 80-320mm lens was quoted $300+ IIRC

The last time I checked, there were a few 50mm lenses at the shops at Excelsior Hotel (eg The Camera Workshop) but can't recall if they are A or M lenses. :)