Buying tripod bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross

Sep 15, 2004
earth
where can i get a tripod bags to fit my 055cl? don't want to get the manfrotto bag cos it's expensive and not to my taste... ;p
thx. :)

kross said:
where can i get a tripod bags to fit my 055cl? don't want to get the manfrotto bag cos it's expensive and not to my taste... ;p

Well, personally I find bags a hassle when you have to take the tripod out. Get a nice Optech tripod strap!

Vulpix0r said:
Well, personally I find bags a hassle when you have to take the tripod out. Get a nice Optech tripod strap!

ah..... tripod strap..... i need one. :)

heh... i also need a bag for airport check in.... ;p

tommon said:
Try using golf club bags. My studio uses them for lighting stands and tripods.

Do you mean Sunday bags, or travel covers ? Or something else altogether ? Interesting application :)

Vulpix0r said:

How much is the strap & where to get?

kross said:
ah..... tripod strap..... i need one. :)

heh... i also need a bag for airport check in.... ;p

CP selling the Slik tripod bag $10 for the 60cm long and $15 for the
longer type which I don't know how long.

kross said:

I got the manfrotto bag for my 055clb. It seems nice to me, and not really THAT expensive.

You could get the Op-Tech strap for $35 or so from CP, I think. I chose the bag over the strap anyway...

Probably you can also try Safrotto tripod bag. It seems well-padded and probably big enough for the 055 too. I don't know how much it cost though. Erm, forget about the Slik bag really... it's probably not big enough for 055cl anyway, and it's really flimsy. Had horrible experience with Slik bags before...

The_Cheat said:
I got the manfrotto bag for my 055clb. It seems nice to me, and not really THAT expensive.

You could get the Op-Tech strap for $35 or so from CP, I think. I chose the bag over the strap anyway...

Probably you can also try Safrotto tripod bag. It seems well-padded and probably big enough for the 055 too. I don't know how much it cost though. Erm, forget about the Slik bag really... it's probably not big enough for 055cl anyway, and it's really flimsy. Had horrible experience with Slik bags before...

How much for manfrotto bag?

donchua said:
How much for manfrotto bag?

Eh... $55.
But mine is a tact bigger, cos my 055clb has leg warmer, and the ballhead is a bit oversize! :D

I am not sure about the golf bags we use at the studio, I am not a golfer. I guest you could check them out at the golfing / sporting stores.

I suggest the tripods be put in non bannded bags as it will not be a giveaway to prying eyes that it is photographic equipment. I had friends who got their stuffs stolen becos this.

Amnfrotto bags have big MANFROTTO printed on it. While golf bags have generic names. But then it's just a suggestion

Carry a tripod bag look like carry a weapon ... I would recommend to use a tripod strap

Megaweb...no lah...carrying the tripod esp those big one like manfrotto in sling is too cheo for an amature like us.....we prefer to low key a bit :lovegrin:

I am using a SLIK bag...cost $15 from CP :lovegrin:

tommon said:
... golf bags have generic names ...

Yep, common, everyday names like Honma, S-Yard, PRGR ... :bsmilie:

(Just to put things in context, a full set of entry-level Honma clubs, on discount, will set you back at least $4-5k)

But seriously, some golf travel bags are well suited to protect tripods ... they have a rigid shell, and wheels on one end, and are lockable. Great idea, Tommon ...

Status
Not open for further replies.