Buying the D7000. Need Advice.

xFamous

Oct 2, 2009
Hi, I'm planning to either buy the D7000+18-105 or the Fujifilm x100. May i know which shop in Funan give the best deal for the D7000 and how much it would roughly cost. Thanks.

Hi, I'm planning to either buy the D7000+18-105 or the Fujifilm x100. May i know which shop in Funan give the best deal for the D7000 and how much it would roughly cost. Thanks.

we have the price guides all along. there is a list of reputable shops there. how could u even miss it?

My bad. Thanks.

At the same time, decide which you want to buy before looking out for the price. I would advise you to decide the type of camera you want before considering the price. These 2 are very different type of camera.

Can try Song Brothers. Their service is quite good, all of them.

Bro, Song bros has pretty bad reputation in the past. Maybe it's all in the past now, any recent trips that I tried testing water at Song Brothers, I got quoted price way higher than street price. If you want great service and willing to spend a little more money to enjoy it, go to John 3:16 on level 5 Funan center. If you are buying, you'll be served like a king, even if not, they treat you like gentlemen in a classy restaurant.

Song Bros sux....They quote a higher price than the rest...and they have no regrets about it.

theres the electronic fair at expo hall 6b, u can cheak out the nikon website for more details under the events

theres the electronic fair at expo hall 6b, u can cheak out the nikon website for more details under the events

i wouldnt care about such electronic fairs and IT fairs if i were u. they usually sell the cameras at RRP which is higher compared to the street pricing u find in reputable stores.

Drool!

If I was to buy a D7000, I would not buy the kit. I would buy a Tamron 28-75F2.8 to go with it.

I once bought a samsung P&S camera from a retailer on the ground floor of Sim Lim Square, and the photocount on the little camera out of the box was 5K+. In my mind, I got a used camera. So you see, I am very wary of Sim Lim Square. Now I just go to Gope's or Cathay photo.

Bought my camera already. $1852 for the D7000 kit + free 8gb card, card reader, tripod and bag at SLR Revolution

Have fun with the camera bro. That's what it's about at the end of the day. :)

Welcome to the d7k family. have fun and enjoy what you have ^^! Explore all possibilities in the d7k :)

Bought my camera already. $1852 for the D7000 kit + free 8gb card, card reader, tripod and bag at SLR Revolution

cool seems like price have drop =) 2 more weeks to my D7000 =DD

Where you bought it from? Funan?

Hi all, may i know wats the diff btw a golden box n some is black box?

erm golden box is body only, black n gold is body plus kit lens. if im not wrong

erm golden box is body only, black n gold is body plus kit lens. if im not wrong

You are right.
Body with Kit lens has gold at the side of the box and front will be black.
Body only has gold at all side of the box.

Try Parislk. I bought a D7000 body only for SGD 1670 fro their Holland V outlet inclusive of GST. Service also quite good especially if you avoid lunchtime rush.