Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabako

Nov 25, 2005
Worth it to get from IT show and squeeze with the crowd?

Outside shops got same or better offer or not?

IT show price is $1099 with free:
Photo Printer
2 x 8GB CF card
Tripod
Camera Bag
Spare battery
Lens filters
Portable harddisk 160GB
Drybox
Screenprotector

Get from MSColor or CP if want lower price.
;)

Get from MSColor or CP if want lower price.
;)

in my humble opinion, if either of the following holds true:
1. you are not a regular customer at MSC
2. MSC staff not in a good mood
3. you are not good at bargaining

you probably won't be getting any better deal at MSC. Cheaper in $$$, maybe. But nothing superb to scream about.
Personally i feel that the free gifts at the IT Show are really quite good if you're starting out.

Isit, so same bundle but lower price har?

you probably won't be getting any better deal at MSC. Cheaper in $$$, maybe. But nothing superb to scream about.
Personally i feel that the free gifts at the IT Show are really quite good if you're starting out.

Then what about cathay?

I dun think MS color or Cathay will give so many freebies as IT Show..

Becos i considering Canon 450D as well but the price at IT show is $1299 but the freebies is not very good.

So Alpha looks like a lot of freebies and cheap at $1099.

So if outside can get about same and better deal then i will go there liao.

I got my package from MS COlour before.

And I would comment that the package from IT Show is really fantastic ... :thumbsup:

But to be fair, my purchase is 6 months ago.... ;)

Just to clarify, the Sony booth (including Alpha) at 4th floor is represented by MSC...

Photo Printer
2 x 8GB CF card
Tripod
Camera Bag
Spare battery
Lens filters
Portable harddisk 160GB
Drybox
Screenprotector

Considering the photo printer, spare batt and external HDD, it's actually a very good deal.

Photo Printer
2 x 8GB CF card
Tripod
Camera Bag
Spare battery
Lens filters
Portable harddisk 160GB
Drybox
Screenprotector

As i mentioned in my previous post, Sony booth (Videocam, PNS and DSLR) at 4th floor IT Show is represented by MSC.

If you stay near AMK, it will be advisable to buy from their shop at AMK to enjoy all the same freebies as per IT Show without the hassle of joining the long queue...and perhaps if you can bargain well, might get it at slightly lower too....;)

Considering the photo printer, spare batt and external HDD, it's actually a very good deal.

Yes indeed, at least these are stuff that you can really utilise....especially HDD and printer.

things like extra CF cards, cleaning kit, etc are actually quite useless and can be bought at very cheap price at the show itself or elsewhere...

Becos i considering Canon 450D as well but the price at IT show is $1299 but the freebies is not very good.

So Alpha looks like a lot of freebies and cheap at $1099.

So if outside can get about same and better deal then i will go there liao.

Canon DSLR is represented by Cathay Photo....at IT show....

Photo Printer
2 x 8GB CF card
Tripod
Camera Bag
Spare battery
Lens filters
Portable harddisk 160GB
Drybox
Screenprotector
Wow, the freebies alone are worth more than $300... Thats quite a good deal. Its like getting the A300 for $800.

I dun think its represented by MSC wor. Cos it says on their background Hai Chew. The guys also told me they are from Hai Chew.

Just to clarify, the Sony booth (including Alpha) at 4th floor is represented by MSC...

Ya i know, but they die die dun give discount liao, and the queue need to queue 1/2 hour just to pay.

But i saw from other threads that people can get 450D at 1100+ with about the same freebies.

So i really dilemma now, get 450D at 1100+ outside (but dunno where) or get A300 at IT show (Some say good deal), go outside get A300 with same freebies and maybe cheaper.

Isit, so same bundle but lower price har?

well, that was the case for me when i bought my camera. less freebies but cheaper in $$$ at MSC. i didn't need those freebies so i thought i could save up the cash.

well, that was the case for me when i bought my camera. less freebies but cheaper in $$$ at MSC. i didn't need those freebies so i thought i could save up the cash.
So actually the spare battery and 2 x 8GB CF card worth how much?

Becos malaysia buy A300K is RM$1850 (S$785) but with 4gb CF, camera bag, sony camera vest, tripod. Its just in JB and warranty is easy for me. So should I get from JB or SG leh. I really want to make a decision before IT show ends.

Original Sony battery is like $80~100, not sure if the freebie is original or 3rd party. 2 x 8gb is like $60 maximum.

Original Sony battery is like $80~100, not sure if the freebie is original or 3rd party. 2 x 8gb is like $60 maximum.
Hmm ok, so battery say $90 + CF cards $60 + drybox $50 + portable HDD $80 + printer $89 = $369.

1099 - 369 (difference of freebies) = $730, about a bit more worth it to buy in IT show. Guess I'll get from SG.

Tomorrow will call MSC and Cathay to see if they can offer better price, if not get from IT show liao. I dun really need the HDD, so hopefully MSC or cathay can give me slightly cheaper without HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.