Buying prime lens

Replica

Dec 2, 2009
Hi All Seniors and Frens,

I am thinking into buying prime lens and just gotten some e-quote locally from the usual few shops. One question, is it cheaper to buy from Japan or local? Any bros and sis out there can shed some lights on this? And how abt the warranty? Cos my siblings are going to Japan next month.

I have read the forums but found threads on buying from HK only. Maybe my eyes have missed out the part where I am now enquiring.

Cheerz
Newbie :)

just to add... is there international warranty for prime lens? :)

You can do a quick check. Correct me if i am wrong, but for canon at least, international warranty applies for lens and flash accessories.

Only the body is limited to local warranty.

Nikon lens hace international warranty also

actually i heading to Manila next week but dunno if its any cheaper there. Dun think so.... pls let me know if im wrong.

Hi All Seniors and Frens,

I am thinking into buying prime lens and just gotten some e-quote locally from the usual few shops. One question, is it cheaper to buy from Japan or local? Any bros and sis out there can shed some lights on this? And how abt the warranty? Cos my siblings are going to Japan next month.

I have read the forums but found threads on buying from HK only. Maybe my eyes have missed out the part where I am now enquiring.

Cheerz
Newbie :)

Its cheaper in HK, trust me ;)

Warranty applies to all lens regardless.. Only bodies bought in ur own country are well honored by manufacturers for most major brands..

Is the service level any different if it is bought overseas and have international warranty and brought to service centers like Canon.