Buying of new lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

exiledbummer

Dec 29, 2006
Hi All... say if i have a $400-$500 to spare now...wat lense would be a good lense to buy around this range? currently i have the da 18-55 and 50-200...where can i find sigma
17-70mm ...or maybe i should just splurge on the additional grip and a good tripod?

Hi All... say if i have a $400-$500 to spare now...wat lense would be a good lense to buy around this range? currently i have the da 18-55 and 50-200...where can i find sigma
17-70mm ...or maybe i should just splurge on the additional grip and a good tripod?

IMHO get a good tripod or save a bit more for flash;)

buy what you need most.

I think maybe you need to got a large aperature lens, like 50/1.4 or 50/1.7. That may cost $350, and then you can spend $150 on a tripod.:bsmilie:

or get a monopod with a nice ballhead.

depends on your needs...

I would say get a good tripod and ball head. :)

Or perhaps see which type of photography you are into. Since your lenses had covered the basic ranges, it is best to go into something you are interested to shot and get the lens for it. ;)

Just my little comment. :D

I don't really think a tripod is that important if you don't do a lot of night photography.

tot we normally have something in mind b4 u plan the budget? true dont just buy because u have 400-500 to spare. it might buy u a white elephant.

Hi All... say if i have a $400-$500 to spare now...wat lense would be a good lense to buy around this range? currently i have the da 18-55 and 50-200...where can i find sigma 17-70mm ...or maybe i should just splurge on the additional grip and a good tripod?

I'd suggest you to get a faster normal range prime lens first and see if you like the idea (of using a prime lens instead of a zoom). An FA 50/1.4 won't cost more than $350, and it'll get you to a different level for low light handheld photography comparing w/ the other two kits you already have. Of course a manual one will do the trick too if you wanna practise MF ;)

Just don't buy those old S-M-C Takumar ones, those would make you addicted and you'd end up spending alot more on more Takumar lenses :bsmilie:

lol... agree with fengwei on getting those SMC K or M42 mount lenses. Regard them as cocaine... get hooked quite easily if you get a hang of using MF...

thank you all...i bought the SIGMA 17-70mm macro liao...

How much did you pay for it and from where ? I got a quote from MS for $599 few days ago. Is this reasonable ?

599 is slightly too high... try OP may give better price. coz they only sell gray sets.

I bargained and bought it at OP with a CL-Polariser at $650...the only place selling at 590 is at TK...but they are left with a last cpy...you might wanna check....OP still has about 3 copies left after i bought the forth one...

Status
Not open for further replies.