Buying of equipment for D400 in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freewolf

Nov 17, 2007
Hi, would just like to ask if I were to buy any camera equipment for my Canon D400 from Hong Kong, what and where should I buy from or should I even get it from Hong Kong?
Are the flash and lenses sold there reliable?

yess i need to be enlightened too. I'm heading to HK from 25th Dec to 2nd January! All the bros out there please help us :D

It's the same flash and lenses as you'd get in any other country, so saying "are they reliable" is a bit silly, really. There are many threads about shopping for lenses in HK, but for your 400D (note it's 400D, not D400, you really should know the model of your own camera) I suggest trying a search in the Canon forum.

hi, I just went Hong Kong last week; was at a street parallel to the 'lady's street', got quite a number of electrical and electronic stores.
I bought a B+W CP filter and friend bought a Cannon wide angle. Price about 10% cheaper, and we didn't bargain.
Warranty wise, got international warranty for Cannon products. Guess must be same for Nikon.
Hope this is useful.

It's the same flash and lenses as you'd get in any other country, so saying "are they reliable" is a bit silly, really. There are many threads about shopping for lenses in HK, but for your 400D (note it's 400D, not D400, you really should know the model of your own camera) I suggest trying a search in the Canon forum.

Oh ya... :embrass: typed too fast... sometimes remember the nikon camera so I thought D in front. Hehe... do you think it is cheaper there? Have you bought from Hong Kong before?

Oh ya... :embrass: typed too fast... sometimes remember the nikon camera so I thought D in front. Hehe... do you think it is cheaper there? Have you bought from Hong Kong before?

It's VERY well known to be cheaper there.

hi, I just went Hong Kong last week; was at a street parallel to the 'lady's street', got quite a number of electrical and electronic stores.
I bought a B+W CP filter and friend bought a Cannon wide angle. Price about 10% cheaper, and we didn't bargain.
Warranty wise, got international warranty for Cannon products. Guess must be same for Nikon.
Hope this is useful.

body no international warranty. Lens and flash have but make sure got the "canon international warranty system " (circle with a plus like sign in the middle)

Hope this is useful.

Oh cool... Thz... I think i will check that out. Did the shop you go have the price stack on its products?

finally found my receipt...
Wing Shing Photo Supplies
55-57, Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon

Got my filter ~30 cheaper than what CP quoted

no price tag. I think can bargain.
we were doing last minute shopping before we had to leave for airport...
just rush, rush, buy and go.

no price tag. I think can bargain.
we were doing last minute shopping before we had to leave for airport...
just rush, rush, buy and go.

Thz Bro, you have been a great help:):thumbsup:

finally found my receipt...
Wing Shing Photo Supplies
55-57, Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon

Got my filter ~30 cheaper than what CP quoted

Hi should be 66 sai yeung choi street.

I just came back yesterday with a 5D 3.05K and a 100-400 for 2.1K

otto

otto

How is their service? Allow to test the cam and lens b4 buying? Paying cash cheaper?

otto

Wow great pricing. Higher value items are more worth while but there is always risk, esp for the body since Canon (SIN) does not support the warranty.
Very sure it is at 57 - check out their web site : http://www.wingshingphoto.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.