Buying New Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Which one should I get?
Sony H9 ($799 free mini photo printer) or Canon S5is ($699)
As in better picture qualities.

Both are good cams, I would suggest that you go to the shops and try out both to see whcih interface you prefer. Please also check to see that the settings are the same on the 2 cameras to see the picture quality.

or got any recommendation apart from these 2? I need long zoom, fully manual and good pic quality.

now i also saw Lumix FZ18 & Fujifilm S8000.

So out of these 4 models, which is the best?
Price is not a problem, only quality is.

now i also saw Lumix FZ18 & Fujifilm S8000.

So out of these 4 models, which is the best?
Price is not a problem, only quality is.

What is good to me may not be good for you. I would still recommend that you go to the shop to try the shortlisted models & see which suits you.

i go to shops see like no see like tat.
Too paiseh to keep snapping photos using 4 cameras and nv buy rite?

wait until IT show in march and then can get a hand on every single camera lo.

i go to shops see like no see like tat.
Too paiseh to keep snapping photos using 4 cameras and nv buy rite?

go to Courts at Tampines lah, every model available for testing.

Which one should I get?
Sony H9 ($799 free mini photo printer) or Canon S5is ($699)
As in better picture qualities.

PANASONIC LX2,CANON G9,NIKON P5100 U CAN CHOOSE 3 MORE TYPE.:think:

dunno whether considered a rush of impulse or wat, but i bought the Lumix FZ18. I hope this is a correct choice (with fingers crossed).

Congratulations on your new purchase. Each cam has their pros & cons. Just make use of what you have and shoot more instead of keep thinking if you've gotten the right cam since there is no perfect cam. The Panasonic FZ series is pretty impressive. :)

Congratulations on your new purchase. Each cam has their pros & cons. Just make use of what you have and shoot more instead of keep thinking if you've gotten the right cam since there is no perfect cam. The Panasonic FZ series is pretty impressive. :)

u are very right.
when i was using S5700 i was always working around to avoid the flaws of the camera and i eventually achieved good photos.

However to speak, it is very annoying when u have the creativity and skills but get limited by the specifications of the camera.
For eg i wanted to freeze the water, then i realised S5700 shutter speed is 1/1000 fastest!
And the camera cannot use for strong contrast, if not will have strong CA.

And the reason i dun want to use dslr is because of the maintenance, the heavy investment, the weight and size, the incovenience of changing lens, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.