Buying ND & GND filters

waikhong

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
Hi after reading some of the filters threads, I have narrowed my choice to the Hitech 100 series. I intend to get it from teamworkphoto for the price of 179Euro which is about SGD$300. The package consists of 3 NDs & 3 GNDs, a wide angle adapter ring, a 2-slot wide angle filter holder and 2 Lee filter wraps. I think the price is rather cheap compared getting locally here. Would like to hear from brothers and sisters who are using these filters for any comments and advise and whether is a good choice buy. I intend to use it for my Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 77mm UWA.

TWD Hitech 100 Filter SE & Holder Kit Package : Teamwork Digital Ltd, Suppliers of Professional Digital and Large Format Photographic Equipment

Thanks in advance

Well, I myself use P series (85mm) size for quite long with no issue. But the benefit of having 100mm I guess is that you might be able to stack filters.

I'm not sure how much the WA ring/wide angle filter holders go for locally, but 3 NDs + 3 GNDs got package price at TK Foto.. Nonetheless, the price seems ok to me, but can't really comment as TK Foto's site with the price list is down.. You have not factored in shipping, have you?

Another point that you might want to note - the 1 stop filters are probably not very useful (GND or ND). Well, at least for ND... GND maybe can stack with 0.9 to give effective 4 stops difference.

Last edited:
did you include the shipping charges?

if not as suggested by others, you can consider lee foundation kit ($120) with the wide angle adapter ($80).

spare another $200 for a kit of hitech GND (0.3, 0.6, 0.9).

I feel that the 0.3 might not be used as much as the other 2...but since it comes in package
I wonder if they actually can change it to 0.6 0.9 n 1.2
did you include the shipping charges?

if not as suggested by others, you can consider lee foundation kit ($120) with the wide angle adapter ($80).

spare another $200 for a kit of hitech GND (0.3, 0.6, 0.9).

Hi after reading some of the filters threads, I have narrowed my choice to the Hitech 100 series. I intend to get it from teamworkphoto for the price of 179Euro which is about SGD$300. The package consists of 3 NDs & 3 GNDs, a wide angle adapter ring, a 2-slot wide angle filter holder and 2 Lee filter wraps. I think the price is rather cheap compared getting locally here. Would like to hear from brothers and sisters who are using these filters for any comments and advise and whether is a good choice buy. I intend to use it for my Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 77mm UWA.

TWD Hitech 100 Filter SE & Holder Kit Package : Teamwork Digital Ltd, Suppliers of Professional Digital and Large Format Photographic Equipment

Thanks in advance

My advice: skip the Hitech holder, get LEE foundation kit and LEE adapter ring.

I actually bought the ND+GND promo from Teamwork, plus the Hitech holder and adapter ring. The NDs are OK, but the GNDs are too small to be used effectively. The ones bundled as promo is 100x100 GNDs... much less effective than 100x150 versions where you have much more room to position your gradients.

The filter holder itself has a flawed design: it does not grip on the adapter ring when you loosen the filter holder. You risk dropping the whole adapter ring when you intend to turn the holder when it is loose. Very very bad design I would say... I promptly returned that to Teamwork in exchange for LEE foundation kit. The LEE holder, although made in plastic (Hitech holder is metal) has much better design.

100x100mm GNDs are not very useful.... not to me at least.

Package prices are cheaper. But do you need all those filters? 0.3 filters to me are quite useless. My most used filters are GND 0.9 and ND 0.9. Just got myself a RGND 0.9 but yet to try.. but should be something I need as well.

As for carrying and storing solutions, in the last months, many new filter bags have been released that are much better than the LEE filter wraps/pouch. Take a look at lowepro s&f filter pouch 100 and Clik Elite CE725RE Square Filter Valet.

Thanks to all your valuable advise. I think I will not order the promo pack but will order selectively. Cheers :)