buying my first camera

Oct 29, 2011
I will be buying my first DSLR camera on 3rd week of December. I know what I want (Nikon D7000) but I don't know which place to buy my camera from. I've been reading posts about shops in Sim Lim and Funan. Could you recommend a shop where I can buy my camera without being overpriced or ripped off because I'm a foreigner?

SkyStrike

Staff member
Nov 29, 2010
Somewhere
I will be buying my first DSLR camera on 3rd week of December. I know what I want (Nikon D7000) but I don't know which place to buy my camera from. I've been reading posts about shops in Sim Lim and Funan. Could you recommend a shop where I can buy my camera without being overpriced or ripped off because I'm a foreigner?
The list of recommended shops are as listed in the Price Guide section. But the only way to prevent being overpriced is to get e-quotes from various parties. The equotes will be valid for 7 days from the day the email was sent. So meaning the shop will honor the quote for 7 days.

after getting the quote, you can try and ask the salesperson about the price... If it matches (ok), if it's more expensive, bring out the e-quote. If it's cheaper, I'll choose to keep quiet about it ;p

But please make sure you check your items and know what you are paying before leaving the shop.

Top Bottom