buying Lenses

JinG14

Apr 7, 2010
well a simple question. we talk about storing our lenses in dry cabinet to prevent fungus growing on it.
so how do those vendor prevent their lenses from growing fungus? do they put in dry cabinet for storage?

This question has already been answered.

In short, the shops do nothing but leave limited inventory on the shelves and wait for eager consumers to purchase them off the shelves.

Please do a search if you require more info.

errr.... becos those that were taken out to be tested are constantly exposed and will be quite similar to ones that were constantly used and those not taken out for testing are all vacumn sealed? Talk to the shopkeepers loh.

Last edited:
they have those little packet of silicon gels inside . . . :)

go to the shops which the sales is good . . . or buy those popular lenses . . . :bsmilie:

Always check before payment, don't take for granted it is new and sure no issue

well a simple question. we talk about storing our lenses in dry cabinet to prevent fungus growing on it.
so how do those vendor prevent their lenses from growing fungus? do they put in dry cabinet for storage?

If you have a hygrometer, bring it into any air-conditioned room and you will see that the RH will drop to around 30-40%. Shops are mostly air conditioned... which makes the shop a gigantic dry cab.

If you have a hygrometer, bring it into any air-conditioned room and you will see that the RH will drop to around 30-40%. Shops are mostly air conditioned... which makes the shop a gigantic dry cab.

errr... what if they turn off the air con at the end of the day when they are closed??

errr... what if they turn off the air con at the end of the day when they are closed??

Shutters are closed... doors are closed... dry air stays in.. maximum will hit around 55%... still ok mah.

Then you have the same effect as "half day in dry cabinet, half day in camera bag" - which is quite a normal thing, right? So why worry about shops?

Shutters are closed... doors are closed... dry air stays in.. maximum will hit around 55%... still ok mah.
agreed

Then you have the same effect as "half day in dry cabinet, half day in camera bag" - which is quite a normal thing, right? So why worry about shops?
agreed.

So, TS, no worries then.;)

why do you have to worry about this ?

ain't you be spending more time shooting and shooting ?

I honestly won't be concerned, unless you're buying the old 2nd-hand lenses.

thanks for all the answer..
thats just some of random thought after purchasing a tamron 17-50/2.8 lens. got a BBB virus in my brain lately without even taking my 1st shot on the new dslr.

to Blur shadow
sorry for not checking the the previous post. got to go for RT training during that time... =(

to Blur shadow
sorry for not checking the the previous post. got to go for RT training during that time... =(

Hey, don't worry. I was simply pointing you to where there is already sufficient info to answer your question.