Buying lenses from websites

jwenchu

Jul 10, 2008
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying lenses from websites like bhphotovideo or adorama coz it's cheaper from the exchange rates.
Appreciate if anyone with experience cld give some advice :)
Thanks in advance.

Do not forget shipping charges. and if the item costs more than SGD 400 on the shipping invoice, you will incurr GST of 7% on the entire shipment (inclusive of shipping).

B and H and adorama, have an excellent return policy. But you will have to pay for the postage of the fautly items back to USA.

Good Luck.

I am always worry buying the lens on line. You are not sure of the conditional and as said the return policy and cost of doing so.

I would rather go TI a shop and check the condition or go via clubsnap to purchase them. At least i have a chance to check before buying.

Lens are expensive.

daredevil123 said:
Do not forget shipping charges. and if the item costs more than SGD 400 on the shipping invoice, you will incurr GST of 7% on the entire shipment (inclusive of shipping).

B and H and adorama, have an excellent return policy. But you will have to pay for the postage of the fautly items back to USA.

Good Luck.

So far I only buy low cost and new items on line. Still prefer holding the real thing before payment.

Lol thanks for the info guys.guess I wld have to trip down to hk to tale advantage of the usd currency huh?lol

Recommend to get from HK if you are visiting. Much cheaper compared to Sin/Malaysia. Try to make sure it working and focusing is OK. Other, we will have to based on our luck when time goes by using it....

For the amount of saving u have, do you think it's worth the risk? If you think it is, then buy it online. If no, then straight from the shops where you can try it yourself. Simple.

NikF601 said:
Recommend to get from HK if you are visiting. Much cheaper compared to Sin/Malaysia. Try to make sure it working and focusing is OK. Other, we will have to based on our luck when time goes by using it....

Any recommendation for HK? I am going next month. Is the price fixed or you need to bargain?

The SGD is not as strong as it used to.
Exchange rate have change from 1.22 back up to 1.29. I expect the prices in HKG may not be as attractive now. Furthermore, I believe it is with limited warranty. So if you have camera issues, you will need to send it back to HKG for repair work. Unless you are there often enough not worrying about this.

Any recommendation for HK? I am going next month. Is the price fixed or you need to bargain?