Buying Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurred

Oct 1, 2006
Hi,

Is there any place that could buy lens and paid in installments? I know cam body can but wat abt lens? (refering to lens that is at least 1k and above)

thxs.

tell me more

Hi,

Is there any place that could buy lens and paid in installments? I know cam body can but wat abt lens? (refering to lens that is at least 1k and above)

thxs.

call CP, ms color etc. they offer installment payment via certain credit cards.

call CP, ms color etc. they offer installment payment via certain credit cards.

Oh, I thot for CP n MS color thier credit card installment payment is for Cam bodies(even for cam bodies, some models are on cash/nets payment only). OK will check. thxs.

the bank offers the interest free installments, not the shop
the shop gets full payment from the bank, so anything goes

btw don't overspend on credit

OK..thxs for the info.

Side track abit.
If it is anything goes for the shop , how come when my fren was asking for the 30D (checked with MS color & CP before), they only allow cash/nets and not even credit card (though installment payment was not in my fren's mind)

OK..thxs for the info.

Side track abit.
If it is anything goes for the shop , how come when my fren was asking for the 30D (checked with MS color & CP before), they only allow cash/nets and not even credit card (though installment payment was not in my fren's mind)

because the price they probably offered, was a cash/nets price.
whilst this is technically in breach of the merchants agreement with the card companies, its quite common to get cash price quotes... because if u pay via credit card, they lose 3%.

which is sometimes their margin..

I totally agree on the "don't overspend on credit" ...:thumbsup:

Oh, I thot for CP n MS color thier credit card installment payment is for Cam bodies(even for cam bodies, some models are on cash/nets payment only). OK will check. thxs.

Nope... I just paid my 10~22mm using credit card, instalment.

I totally agree on the "don't overspend on credit" ...:thumbsup:

actually, if you are buying on credit.. you are already overspending..

Not if you pay the full amount when the bill comes. I have credit card, not because I cannot afford the itme, but rather for the convenience.

so if u can afford it... then pay in one shot with credit card... and settle at the end of the month. that i understand.

but i dont see , if u can afford it. why u want to space out payment in installments.

so if u can afford it... then pay in one shot with credit card... and settle at the end of the month. that i understand.

but i dont see , if u can afford it. why u want to space out payment in installments.
Well, I don't believe in installment or overspending. The only thing I had no choice is my HDB flat.

For my camera and electronic equipment, I pay full.

Totally agree with you that if you don't have enough money, then don't buy the equipment, unless you need it for your work/business.

Hi,

thxs.

Its a hobby.... kinda taxing to service a monthly installment for a hobby...especially photography...
Most of us don't really have time to shoot. Maybe over the weekend....or some special events... it is quite common for equipments to park in the digi cab over a busy month from work...

So spend what you can and enjoy what you have.... it is more fun that way....

Its a hobby.... kinda taxing to service a monthly installment for a hobby...especially photography...
Most of us don't really have time to shoot. Maybe over the weekend....or some special events... it is quite common for equipments to park in the digi cab over a busy month from work...

So spend what you can and enjoy what you have.... it is more fun that way....

Yah... I tend to look it at another perspective...
It's 0% instalment (although you pay 2% more).

If you put in F.D., you earn 3% interest. Overall, I make 1% out of my principal.
It's a small sum as some may debate, but I could get a lens cap with it. :bsmilie:

Yah... I tend to look it at another perspective...
It's 0% instalment (although you pay 2% more).

If you put in F.D., you earn 3% interest. Overall, I make 1% out of my principal.
It's a small sum as some may debate, but I could get a lens cap with it. :bsmilie:
That's only if you pay the amount on time every month, which is similiar to not overspending. If you don't have the money, the 0% interest will be meaningless, as you have to pay interest on the amount you don't pay. It all adds up, your 1% will not be enough to pay the interest imposed.

However, if you can afford to pay, then it is a good way.

BTW, is there 1 mth FD, where you can draw out every month?

Status
Not open for further replies.