Buying lens in HK

reevenz

Jul 1, 2008
I will be travelling to macau and hk next month and wondering where is the best place to buy lens in hk?

How much cheaper it can be and what do i need to look out for?

Thanks for any suggestions and i hope i am posting at the right forum.

sim city at mongkok, specifically shop@dcfever~

second that!

I'll go to Wing Shing at Mong Kok. Trustworthy and the prices are non-bargain-able because it's considered quite low. They are reputable so no issue of "water" goods.

Thanks for all the replies! Can we trust those stores from price.com.hk?

Thanks for all the replies! Can we trust those stores from price.com.hk?

price.com.hk is only for general reference with regards to prices.

shop wise, just stick to the mentioned few.

You can always call up Wing Shing in HK first to check out the prices. There are a couple of reputable one but in terms of reliable big shop and convenience of location, Wing Shing has my pick. I think it's the tourist fright that I wouldn't dare to check out the smaller shops, especially those that makes you feel like you're walking into a shop in Lucky Plaza. I'm sure some people would have pleasant experience with some of these shops but I prefer the "Cathay Photo" type of shops. Just personal preference. IIRC the shop is right outside of Mongkok MTR Exit D2 along Argyle Street.

I did check out price.com.hk and as mentioned, might be good for reference. Might be tough to hunt dwn some of the shops even though the prices might be better. The difference shouldn't be huge unless it's water goods.