Buying lens in Bangkok

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Is it cheaper to buy a sigma lens there? Cheaper by how much or how many percent?
Or just get a grey set / parallel import better?
Will there be any international warranty if buy from Bangkok?
Any place or shops to look out for?

sin77 said:
Is it cheaper to buy a sigma lens there? Cheaper by how much or how many percent?
Or just get a grey set / parallel import better?
Will there be any international warranty if buy from Bangkok?
Any place or shops to look out for?

It's cheaper to buy grey set in singapore, the price there is not much different from Singapore street price

I recall fuji stuff cheaper...not sure abt sigma

george671 said:
I know this is several months old, but ,All of these threads are extreemly old...I think the TS and others reading this, would like some more up to date input...I myself like shopping for gear in MBK and in particular Fotofile shop, but I am sure some of you know of other shops as well.:) Maybe we could get a section going on shopping for Photo gear in other cities going???

All in the consumers corner. Update us and the thread after your trip. If you travel to other cities, tell us where the deals are by opening a new thread. Don't expect to be spoonfed. These guides are contributed by members, so now you can be a contributor.

Don't expect updates if you don't contribute updates. We're not a personal information service.

Last edited:
if the THB has weakened significantly against SGD you might get a better deal . SGD up almost 1% over Friday

The reverse happens. Had chatted with a small camera shop owner who told me about his Thai buyers. They travel from Thailand to buy high-end very expensive lenses from him in Singapore. Never bargain, just pay in cash and go. One never even bothered to take the box. They know in detail exactly what they want to buy. So no need for any sales talk.

Last edited: