Buying In Of Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

findtay

Oct 1, 2006
Marine Parade
Hi there,

I have a set of Nikon FE10 that is about 3 years old and I am thinking of letting it go because I am hardly using it these days. Bought it and used it only during my poly days for my projects, so was wondering if anyone knows of any shop that buys in cameras?

And maybe does anyone know what is the rate if I were to sell it?

Thank you and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Hi there,

I have a set of Nikon FE10 that is about 3 years old and I am thinking of letting it go because I am hardly using it these days. Bought it and used it only during my poly days for my projects, so was wondering if anyone knows of any shop that buys in cameras?

And maybe does anyone know what is the rate if I were to sell it?

Thank you and hope to hear from you guys soon!

The Nikon FE10 is a rebadged Cosina camera and as such, Nikon purists would not call it a true Nikon. As a result, resale value for this camera and it's sister (the FM10) are rather low as demand is low. Expect to get about $100 to $150(if you are lucky).

You may try The Camera Workshop at Peninsula Shopping Centre or Prime Camera at Peninsula Plaza. But don't expect them to offer you much for it.

Alternatively you could put it up for auction on Ebay but again don't expect to get very much for it.
Even Nikon FM2s and FE2s are going for a song these days on Ebay.

Sorry for the gloomy outlook but that is the value of all film cameras these days....very sad really.

Sigh,

What a waste. Have put it up for sale in eBay for quite a while but it seems no one is interested in getting film cameras these days that's why am deciding to sell it to some shop who might take it these cameras.

Thanks for the replies! Really appreciate them!

Anyway one last question, do you think that the price of the FE10 might be better if I were to do a trade in and maybe get another camera from them? Am thinking of getting the Canon EOS 400D or maybe the Nikon D80. Know of which one is the better camera and any shops that does these trade ins?

Sigh,

What a waste. Have put it up for sale in eBay for quite a while but it seems no one is interested in getting film cameras these days that's why am deciding to sell it to some shop who might take it these cameras.

Thanks for the replies! Really appreciate them!

Anyway one last question, do you think that the price of the FE10 might be better if I were to do a trade in and maybe get another camera from them? Am thinking of getting the Canon EOS 400D or maybe the Nikon D80. Know of which one is the better camera and any shops that does these trade ins?

The only way to know for sure is to try. But you'd be trading in for a grey market dSLR as TCW deals mainly with new equipment that the parallel import in themselves. So no local warranty on camera bodies.

I'd buy the body from an authorised dealer and trade yr FE10 for a lens instead.

so sad that film had died.

photography is never the same as the old days anymore.

many photographers now simply put the camera in aperture mode and shoot without careful consideration on exposures and compositions. i heard one said" aiyah, shoot wider go back can crop to correctly! Not level also nevermind lah can adjust later". Another said "shoot first later then correct the exposure in PS. no worries!"

Gone are the days when we walk around with lightmeters.

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your replies. Anyway went to walk around today and checked up on a few of the new DSLRs such as the Canon EOS400D and the Nikon D80 and sure was very tempte to buy but guess I will try to take some courses first on handling the DSLR before really deciding if I should part with my cash to get either one.

Anyway have decided to keep the FE10. Who knows that my film camera might just come in handy one day. =) Just feel that it is quite a waste to sell it for so little.

Status
Not open for further replies.