Buying Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Hi,

I would like to check if it is possible to buy gold bars (not those big ingots or bars) but something like a 500g gold bar or something along those lines. I was also wondering abt the prices.

Could anyone advise? :)

Cheers

Wolfgang said:
Hi,

I would like to check if it is possible to buy gold bars (not those big ingots or bars) but something like a 500g gold bar or something along those lines. I was also wondering abt the prices.

Cheers

wow lao eh.. buy gold bar.. must be damn rich leh.:eek:
only know where to get for those already dead one.:sweat:

think u shd have to visit those GOLDSMITH along chinatown. not those fancy shops. think only those "cheena" old fashioned shops then will have. along chinatown shd have.

or u can just ask them to make one for u, just like how ppl custom make jewellery.

wah who is the lucky girl ... :think: :lovegrin: :sticktong :bsmilie:

tomshen said:
wah who is the lucky girl ... :think: :lovegrin: :sticktong :bsmilie:

Not really leh!

Giving tiny gold "bars" to a girl? So Ah Beng!

Student/Tomshen,

This has nothing to do with girls lah... :sweat: :p :sticktong

Wan/Witness,

Thanks for the tip. Will go check out the shops one of these days. :)

wainism said:
think u shd have to visit those GOLDSMITH along chinatown. not those fancy shops. think only those "cheena" old fashioned shops then will have. along chinatown shd have.

or u can just ask them to make one for u, just like how ppl custom make jewellery.

Wah, "cheena"? This word actually is use to insult chinese one u noe? :think:

Wolfgang said:
Hi,

Cheers

Hi Wolfgang,

500g Gold bar? For mother in law ah? It's super duper ex, especially the bar types. coins are cheaper.

From http://www.uobgroup.com/redirect.jsp?direct=/mproxy?Action=GLD
UOB is selling at per kilobar at a whooping S$27K..........:bigeyes:
Kilobar S$/kg 27038.55

There goes the next cam perchase for the next couple of years.........:bsmilie:

Gold is a pretty lousy investment. Good for safety holding. Depending on your purpose, if you really think gold will rise in price in the near future, you are better off buying shares of a good gold mine. Basic econs.

enghong17 said:
Hi Wolfgang,

500g Gold bar? For mother in law ah? It's super duper ex, especially the bar types. coins are cheaper.

From http://www.uobgroup.com/redirect.jsp?direct=/mproxy?Action=GLD
UOB is selling at per kilobar at a whooping S$27K..........:bigeyes:
Kilobar S$/kg 27038.55

There goes the next cam perchase for the next couple of years.........:bsmilie:

Hahah... strange how everyone seem to think this has something to do with in-laws/women etc... :sweat: :bsmilie:

But thanks for the advice. :)

tOGGY said:
Gold is a pretty lousy investment. Good for safety holding. Depending on your purpose, if you really think gold will rise in price in the near future, you are better off buying shares of a good gold mine. Basic econs.

Right. :)

Thanks. :)

Yes, time to keep some thing valuable for yourself, before your the other half snatch everything from you. :rolleyes:

if 1g of 999 gold is $28, so 500g is $14k.

buy gold bar may not a good idea for investment, but is a good way to bring the wealth with you during war time.

btw, do you know how big is 500g gold bar? not bigger than your handphone.

togu said:
Yes, time to keep some thing valuable for yourself, before your the other half snatch everything from you. :rolleyes:

ah gu: alex show this message to ...... :sticktong

wolf: There few in people's park centre/complex~. Give me a buzz if u in chinatown. ;)

togu said:

:sweat: Aiyoh.. for the last time.. this has absolutely nothing to do withany other halves or in-laws etc... :sticktong

:sticktong :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
if 1g of 999 gold is $28, so 500g is $14k.

buy gold bar may not a good idea for investment, but is a good way to bring the wealth with you during war time.

btw, do you know how big is 500g gold bar? not bigger than your handphone.

Yeah, i am aware of the dimensions. :)

Thank you for letting me know. :)

Gold is a precious metal, currently the gold price is at an all time high, due to some political reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.