buying FX9

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLQ

Jan 31, 2005
Tampines & Sydney
Hi All,

I am now thinking of getting a FX9 as my normal "carry daily" camera. Current using LC5 (very old and big).
Will like to ask if anyone knows if there is going to be a replacement for this model soon? Coz if it is soon, i suppose i can hold on to my LC5 and wait for a bit more for the new model or if still want the FX9 by then, the price would drop.

Thanks
LQ

CLQ said:
Hi All,

I am now thinking of getting a FX9 as my normal "carry daily" camera. Current using LC5 (very old and big).
Will like to ask if anyone knows if there is going to be a replacement for this model soon? Coz if it is soon, i suppose i can hold on to my LC5 and wait for a bit more for the new model or if still want the FX9 by then, the price would drop.

Thanks
LQ

FX-9 just came out last year. Maybe yes maybe no so why not go for it as it is a 6mp cam

dunno what else Panasonic can improve..
probably only with higher MP..

so, you can get the FX9 now.. :)

thanks for the replies.
Is there any chance that they might put Aperature or shutter speed piroties into this series of camera? or even just manual?

There's always the LX1...

Fella said:
There's always the LX1...
True, i dun think the new FX series will have Aperture Priority Mode and Shutter Priority Mode, else it will eat into the sales of LX1.

Hmm, so it boils down whether i am willing to pay about S$250 more for the Aperture Priority Mode, Shutter Priority Mode and manual right?
Is there any other difference between LX1 and FX9 (never mind the MP, as 6mp is good enuff for me).

Thanks again

i've seen alot of sample shots especially macros with the LX1 which looks soooo impressive.
can't really find the same for FX-9 though... still searching...

anyone can post some links ?

cannot compare LX1 and FX9..

one is pocket size, the other is pouch size..

buy one that fits your bill....else, get DSLR for full control..

I had briefly considered this LX1 too, but went for FX9 because i really want a small size cam. I'm disappointed dpreview's sample pics of LX1 do not have any night shots. I always like to see a cam's night shot capability.

Just bought FX9 at $620. LCD brighter than Canon Ixus 750,55. Macro mode impressive, clear than Ixus 55. For this price and the MP, it still consider worth to get it for normal daily use. If want full manual control, I would suggest get a prosumer model or even SLR. Compact camera is mostly design for snapshot only with the need of adjusting many setting. Plus FX9 battery last for 270 shot per charge. Other brand probably less than this.

what are the freebies ? i hear there is a panasonic roadshow with alot of freebies for FX9...
u get like 2 x 512 SD, tripod, case, filterkit..

cikgoo said:
what are the freebies ? i hear there is a panasonic roadshow with alot of freebies for FX9...

not sure about that. i remember there was Sitex last year and they had lots of freebies that went along with the cameras, which is why i bought my fz5 there ;)

cikgoo said:

is this true? when is this offer till?
Thanks for info.

If I am not wrong that offer is $699 and comes with the gifts indicated..

However I have seen the tripod... its a mini-tripod.

Hexlord said:
If I am not wrong that offer is $699 and comes with the gifts indicated..

However I have seen the tripod... its a mini-tripod.
hmm. my friend is now in Japan, and is able to get for me the camera there. with this offer, i think i will need to compare the price again.

thanks anyway for the info.
cheers-

cikgoo said:

K try this $675 @ http://www.bargaincity.com.sg/

FREE 2 pcs 512 mb SD card
FREE Panasonic Case
FREE Extra OEM Battery
FREE Mini Tripod
FREE Cleaning Kit
FREE Mini Accessory Box

I got my from Japan at around $450..but have to find those ulu store..not in those big store..

MS Color quoted $568 without GST.
Free512 SD and leather case

ekardo said:
I got my from Japan at around $450..but have to find those ulu store..not in those big store..

Thanks for info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.