Buying from the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumepoi

Oct 11, 2004
Hi,

I would like to know about buying photography equipments (camera, lens, etc) from the net (adorama, B&H). I'm looking for a used lens and I found some of the items cheaper on the net (shipment included). This could be very dumb questions to some, so I would thank everyone who care to give his opinions :) :

1) Is it safe?
2) Is it reliable? What I mean is the quality of the produce as compared to
the rating stated
3) How long is the shipment?

A bit scared of buying without seeing the actual thing :confused:

Thanks

yumepoi said:
Hi,

I would like to know about buying photography equipments (camera, lens, etc) from the net (adorama, B&H). I'm looking for a used lens and I found some of the items cheaper on the net (shipment included). This could be very dumb questions to some, so I would thank everyone who care to give his opinions :) :

1) Is it safe?
2) Is it reliable? What I mean is the quality of the produce as compared to
the rating stated
3) How long is the shipment?

A bit scared of buying without seeing the actual thing :confused:

Thanks

you can trust B&H, i order lots from them and never had a problem, for adorama, i dont think they can shipped to singapore.

for B&H shipment takes about 5-7 days with UPS

u need to fax them your CC for approval, but its only once, next order they already have ur record

andi1704 said:
you can trust B&H, i order lots from them and never had a problem, for adorama, i dont think they can shipped to singapore.

for B&H shipment takes about 5-7 days with UPS

u need to fax them your CC for approval, but its only once, next order they already have ur record

agree with you, i just made my order from B&H, but my shipment took about 7-10 days, becos i chosed the US airmail, which take longer to arrive s'pore.

you can also try keh. i ordered a couple of hard to get lenses recently. they use fedex to ship it over. cost a bit but the lenses got here within 4 days of shipping. the condition was as described in the keh catalog - "like new" and "excellent". very happy with the purchase.

I've bought quite a number of stuffs from B&H, J&R and Amazon through the net over the years, so far no problems with delays or problems. My advice is: stick to reliable merchants.

If you buy from B&H, it's better to shipped via UPS as you can then track your parcel and the shipping time is usually faster.

As for GST, you will need to pay if the purchase amount (including shipping costs) exceeds SGD$400.

will you be able save (you are not in a hurry) if you buy say B&H and ship the goods thru vpostusa

or

send the good to your friend's or relative's address in US and then ask them to send to you via ups, dhl, us postal service etc.. :dunno:

mmmrsia said:
will you be able save (you are not in a hurry) if you buy say B&H and ship the goods thru vpostusa

or

send the good to your friend's or relative's address in US and then ask them to send to you via ups, dhl, us postal service etc.. :dunno:

My experience is that for small items such as filters, memory cards or other light weight items, vpostusa may cost a little cheaper, maybe about 10-20% savings when compared to direct shipping via vendor. The downside is that you usually have to wait at least 2 weeks for your items to arrive.

Never tried the latter method, maybe someone else can advice on that. :)

thanks for all the replies,

Why adorama cannot ship to sin? When i checked the site, singapore was actually on the shipping list. anybody tried buying used lens before from B&H? Is their rating reliable?

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.