Buying from alibaba.com D700 for USD 900

knight84

Mar 1, 2009
West Side
Hi Guys

I was checking out www.alibaba.com and i came across DSLR's like D700 selling for dirt cheap.like 50%

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/334529202-New-D700-Digital-SLR-Camera-wholesalers.html

Anyone have experience in dealing with them when it comes to DSLR's. I have gotten other 3rd party/no brand stuff from them which has turned out alright ..but I am not too sure about this..

please share your experience..

mods: sorry I am not too sure where to post this..

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
There's an old saying ...

If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Sep 14, 2009
I wouldn't bet on getting such a good deal. Many scam stories out there

E

efinigal

Well I have experiences with alibaba but not the alibaba express.

Alibaba has many scams. Once I was live chatting with the dealer. And He responded. However, It's ridiculous he give me 2 different pricing on 2 different day. So I doubt and google over his company name and address and really he's a scam.

However aliexpress has escrow protected. It's quite safe. Although I haven't try. You could check on his rating. and Do more conversation with him. Find any loop holes.

mogwai

Feb 2, 2008
for cam bodies, i wouldn't anyway. no international warranty.

macrob

Aug 4, 2006
It's too obvious, definitely a scam.

If you read the Product Description carefully, you will find some part of it is not for D700:

"12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor
Coupled with Nikons EXPEED image processing and NIKKOR optics, breathtaking picture quality is assured.
D-Movie Mode with sound
Record 720p HD movie clips enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility.
Vari-angle color LCD monitor
Position the 2.7-inch monitor freely for fresh shooting perspectives. Screen flips inward for safe keeping.
19 Auto-exposure Scene Modes
Capture stunning photos in challenging picture-taking situations including Sunsets, Candlelight, Silhouette, Portrait, Landscape, Beach/Snow, and more.
One-button Live View
Easy Live View access offers 4 autofocus modes, including Face-priority AF.
Continuous shooting as fast as 4 frames per second
Combined with fast power-up and split-second shutter response, decisive moments are captured easily without annoying shooting lag.
Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200
Engineered for exceptional low-light shooting.
Built-in image sensor cleaning
Effective 4-frequency, ultrasonic sensor cleaning keeps images spot free.
11-point Autofocus System with 3D Focus Tracking"

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Alibaba is just a marketplace like ebay. Anyone can register and post garbage. And this includes all the Nigerian scammers who enjoy preying on the gullible...

Top Bottom