buying from adorama

Status
Not open for further replies.

aErOpLaNe

Apr 23, 2006
hello all,

i'm looking to buy a lens from adorama. now there is canon instant rebate that ends in mid-jan. ship from usa to here costs US$50. ship to my friend in usa is US$7.

if i ship to my friend in usa, but i will only visit usa in june '08. should there be a defect with the lens, can i still go back to adorama say that the lens i bought in jan is no longer working fine in june?

how how? to buy or not to buy? the lens costs about SG$500.

ps. my friend knows nothing about cameras...

Have u considered using Vpost USA?

yes, you can use Vpost,

buy does the saving of purchase this lens from state, justify the risk, the shipment cost, and the trouble??

I would suggest you pool a few more people and buy a few lenses and stuff together. You'll save a lot more on the shipping. 4 lenses will come in under US$90 as far as I've tried (checking of shipping cost only, never buy in the end). So it will be much more worth the while in the end.

Do note also that they use UPS, so chances are you'll be slapped with a 7% GST bill, do note that in your final costing.

unless u are buying a lens worth alot more than what u are paying for, i dun think its worth it. how much do u save as oppose to buying it here?

Status
Not open for further replies.