Buying film in Bulk


Status
Not open for further replies.

forcefilm

New Member
Dec 22, 2004
47
0
0
#1
Hi all, does Cathay or any other place sell 35mm film in bulk at a cheaper rate? Say about 30-40 rolls.
 

Aug 25, 2004
20
0
0
#2
I'm not sure if they give much discount, but 30-40 rolls, they really ought to. if you're buying, could you count me in too? :) I just asked at Konota today, told them I was buying about 10-15 rolls of slide film (a mixture of provia and maybe velvia) and they said they could give me 50 cents discount per roll :\ Well, if you are buying anytime soon, lemme know. PM me :) add together buy more, we can save more!
 

Alchemist

New Member
Jul 11, 2004
29
0
0
#3
Hi, I am interested in slide films too if buying in bulk!!! Looking for Sensia, Provia and Velvia. :D
 

popeye

New Member
Apr 14, 2003
433
0
0
Visit site
#4
forcefilm said:
Hi all, does Cathay or any other place sell 35mm film in bulk at a cheaper rate? Say about 30-40 rolls.
Tried that. NO discount at cathay and Ruby. :thumbsd:
 

hsuf

New Member
Dec 6, 2004
4
0
0
#5
Colour Lab at Adelphi gives 50 cents off for every two rolls of slides you buy, but their sticker price is already quite high - $11.50 for Velvia 100F and $9.50 for Provia 100F.
 

Ah_Seng

New Member
Apr 8, 2003
1,360
0
0
Land of the woods........
#6
hsuf said:
Colour Lab at Adelphi gives 50 cents off for every two rolls of slides you buy, but their sticker price is already quite high - $11.50 for Velvia 100F and $9.50 for Provia 100F.
But Konota is selling Velvia 100F at $12/roll & CP at $11/roll.

So, if colorlab is giving discount after it's $11.50/roll price, still cheaper than Konota. Besides, I think CP now no stock liao....

I don't know how much is Ruby selling though.....
 

Aug 25, 2004
20
0
0
#7
Konota's price tag for Velvia and Provia (not sure whether 100 or 400) is $12.50. Okay i think i wanna go color lab now. so who wants to buy? Lets go this weekend. It is open on weekends? :) i'm getting about 10 rolls of slides and 2 black and white, maybe a couple of NPC 160 for portraits. Anyone knows if NPC is any good?
 

chgoh

Senior Member
Jan 25, 2003
688
0
16
#8
Lightshore said:
Konota's price tag for Velvia and Provia (not sure whether 100 or 400) is $12.50. Okay i think i wanna go color lab now. so who wants to buy? Lets go this weekend. It is open on weekends? :) i'm getting about 10 rolls of slides and 2 black and white, maybe a couple of NPC 160 for portraits. Anyone knows if NPC is any good?
If you need "normal" film like E100VS or RDPIII why not try the 100' bulk roll route? Saves quite a fair bit, but have to do some manual work yourself.

chgoh
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom