Buying E300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I'm seriously looking at the E300 as an alternative to my current 5050.

For the current users, does the E300 have any zoom lenses available? If I were to buy manual telephoto/zoom lenses, is there a converter/adapter ring for the E300 to fit these?

Lastly, which shop is doing the current Olympus dual lens promotion? Any shops tat I should avoid?

Thanx and regds,
Clipper

denisc

Jul 15, 2005
Singapore
Yes the E300 has a couple of zoom lens. It is currently sold with 2 lens kit - the 14-45 and 40-150.

There are also the more expensive and faster zooms

11-22 mm F2.8-3.5
50-200 mm F2.8
EC14 teleconverter

But they are expensive.

Denis

Xandorous

Jun 21, 2005
I noticed not all shops are selling the E300 with the dual lens kit. May I know is this package offer by Olympus? :)

If I'm not wrong, in today's Straits Times, a couple of big departmental stores are packaging it with two pieces of 1GB cards but not the dual lens offer. :)

denisc

Jul 15, 2005
Singapore
Xandorous said:
I noticed not all shops are selling the E300 with the dual lens kit. May I know is this package offer by Olympus? :)

If I'm not wrong, in today's Straits Times, a couple of big departmental stores are packaging it with two pieces of 1GB cards but not the dual lens offer. :)

The 2 lens kit is by Olympus - and I had my 1 GB card thrown in as well.

They are really pretty good for kit lenses - much better than the Canon. I like the long zoom cos it's really compact and easy to take around!

ykkok

Feb 24, 2004
I've heard someone quoted that the July copy of Practical Photography megazine tested and claim that the ZD 40-150 is among the best budget zoom lens as compared to the rests (others like 70-300mm) in terms of quality/cost.

Anyone can verify this as I do not have the megazine?

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
I just walked into AP funan today and was quoted $1600 including GST for the 2 lens E300 kit. 1GB free, claim from olympus.

was REALLY tempted to buy but decided against it as I wanted the E1. But REAL good price for those looking at the E300.

peekarwe

Jul 24, 2005
www.noisyiso.com
I just bought a E300 yesterday. Kinda like an impulse buy because wasn't too happy with a Nikon S1 buy earlier this month. Anyway, the deal I got was:

$1699 (full retail price, I know but...)

- body + 14-45 lens (kit)
- 02 x 1GB CF
- 02 x Olympus Original Batteries.
- tripod (decent ones)
- 2 camera bags, one original olympus (why I dunno)
- Photoshop Elements 2.0

tao

Jan 7, 2005
Beach Road
ykkok said:
I've heard someone quoted that the July copy of Practical Photography megazine tested and claim that the ZD 40-150 is among the best budget zoom lens as compared to the rests (others like 70-300mm) in terms of quality/cost.

Anyone can verify this as I do not have the megazine?
Yes, it is indeed the BEST budget zoom lens for effective coverage of up to 300mm FOV. :thumbsup:

wind30 said:
I just walked into AP funan today and was quoted $1600 including GST for the 2 lens E300 kit. 1GB free, claim from olympus.

was REALLY tempted to buy but decided against it as I wanted the E1. But REAL good price for those looking at the E300.
Wow! That is a terrific deal!! I am very tempted by that price. :eek:

ykkok

Feb 24, 2004
I bought mine in Dec 2004, $1699 kit, with 2x 1GB card and a free bag only - Ouch!

XanderMan

Jun 28, 2005
peekarwe said:
I just bought a E300 yesterday. Kinda like an impulse buy because wasn't too happy with a Nikon S1 buy earlier this month. Anyway, the deal I got was:

$1699 (full retail price, I know but...)

- body + 14-45 lens (kit)
- 02 x 1GB CF
- 02 x Olympus Original Batteries.
- tripod (decent ones)
- 2 camera bags, one original olympus (why I dunno)
- Photoshop Elements 2.0
Wow! Which shop did you get this good deal from?

As for the 02 x original Oly batteries, does that mean you have a total of 3 batteries now? One from the kit and the extra 2?

I am considering between the e-330 and the e-1. Tough choice!

Xandorous

Jun 21, 2005
denisc said:
The 2 lens kit is by Olympus - and I had my 1 GB card thrown in as well.

They are really pretty good for kit lenses - much better than the Canon. I like the long zoom cos it's really compact and easy to take around!
Hmm....tempting!! ;)

peekarwe

Jul 24, 2005
www.noisyiso.com
XanderMan said:
Wow! Which shop did you get this good deal from?

As for the 02 x original Oly batteries, does that mean you have a total of 3 batteries now? One from the kit and the extra 2?

I am considering between the e-330 and the e-1. Tough choice!
Sorry, I meant, I got ONE more original Oly batt. So, for a total of 2 (TWO) batteries. I was thinking this is good for me since I am going to the the Battery grip.

Interestingly, I got this deal from Courts at Suntec City.

XanderMan

Jun 28, 2005
peekarwe said:
Sorry, I meant, I got ONE more original Oly batt. So, for a total of 2 (TWO) batteries. I was thinking this is good for me since I am going to the the Battery grip.

Interestingly, I got this deal from Courts at Suntec City.
Wah! Surprise! Surprise! Courts?!

Oh Well a good geal is a good deal :)

Hmmm... Should I get the E-300 or the E-1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom