Buying E-1 online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think solid pricing, but you check if they ship international? 1249USD = 2200. Got mine used for 2700 just 2 months ago. Rebates too ?? if you get someone in US, rebate ends 30th september for lens.

matrix is selling his E1 with all the works (2 lenses, flash, battery grip). Might be a better deal

Thanks offspring.

Kimbo, im still waiting for their reply. I wrote them to ask for shipping charges.
So how do u like the E-1?

petesim said:
I came upon this site.
http://expresscameras.com/cart/prodetails.asp?prodid=16861&start=1

Selling the E-1 body for US$899 and a package with lens for US$1249 or US$2049.
If you see carefully, they dont come with battery nor charger.
What ya guys think?
I want an E-1 fast.

err... I hope that you are making an informed decision - either that or perhaps you like to gamble...

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Se...y_~reviews/sec_~opinion_list/pp_~1/pa_~1#list
http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/printthread.php?threadid=103621
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1805.html
http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=008t8S
http://search.complaints.com/search..._occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&sort=&as_lq=
http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2

hey, thanks for the links to these strings of complaintsl
No way am i going there now after all these.
Do u have a good experience with an online company?

i think the price for a new E-1 now is US$1500 from reputable on-line stores. after conversion, shipping & tax, it comes to about S$3200. this package incl the 14-54mm kit lens, charger, batt, manual, s/w, cables, etc.

if u can get a 2nd hand basic set with kit lens, $2700 is quite a bargain. :)

Ektar... thanks for the interesting info. There's always the risk from a online store, but thats usually the way in the US, as retails are bunch of ripped off!

petesim.. i am a newbie that jumped into the DSLR thingy, but love it so far. Theres a few problems with the E-1 but it can do much more than I would know how anyway. Ideal for my travelling and good pictures hopeful. Weather proof and size is the biggest ++ for me.

Kimbo, its the weather proof and size that got me interested too. I do think the 4/3 is the way to go. What do you usually shot if i may ask?

This thread takes me to an interesting question, whats the next thing for E-1. Ive heard a step-down version of the E-1 is coming up next. Can someone confirm?

photokina will announce a new 4:3 camera from oly, its call E-100. rumours that a successor to E1 is coming too. its rumoured to be E2, so if u plan to get the pro bodies, hang on to your horses unless the E1 is really cheap now. :)

Just wanna share with everyone a 4:3 site
http://www.myfourthirds.com/

My guess, the new 4:3 camera by Olympus will be out before Christmas this year. By which time, the E-1 will be cheaper.

Hi Pete

These are rumours. E1 has been around for barely 1 year. It is a great cam with a pro body.

Buy it now, shoot and enjoy! There's never a day when things are not getting cheaper.

Yes, there may be a cheaper body coming up. But it will be a half-baked E1.

I heard Matrix is selling his entire set incl. 50-200 lens ($1700+), the long lasting battery and grip that cost $800. All these plus body and 14-54 lens plus flash ($600) all for $4800!!

You save $1000+!!

many people bought a half baked D1x (D70) & half baked 1D (10D) & are very happy owners. bragging about their half baked toys all the time. so what's wrong with a half baked E1?

why save only $1k when u can save more? money very hard to earn & even harder to save. unless matrix willing to sell u at low price, otherwise, i suggest u wait for the E100 to be announced next month & evaluate for yourself. when that time arrives, even if u decide to buy E1, it will be even cheaper. so why not?

just my 2 cents. :)

1. E-1 body + 14-54mm = $3600
2. FL-50 flash = $650
3. SHLD-2 Power grip = $760
4. Eye-cup 2 = $30
5. Battery Grip strap = $40
6. 50-200 f2.8 -3.5 = $1800

Total saving is $2000 :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Somemore you offer $4000 for it. Are you trying to pull the price down? :devil:

Matrix said:
...Are you trying to pull the price down? :devil:

nope, just helping others to make a more rationale & objective purchase. sorry if i sounded that way.

cheers!! :)

nightpiper said:
nope, just helping others to make a more rationale & objective purchase. sorry if i sounded that way.

cheers!! :)

I tend to agree with nightpiper. If you can afford to wait, you should wait. E1 is definitely overpriced in the DSLR market now so I am thinking Olympus will be likely release a few new models that are going to be competitive in price. No one expects 10D to be $500-600 cheaper than D60 yet better in most aspects but it still happened.

NorthernLights said:
Hi Pete

These are rumours. E1 has been around for barely 1 year. It is a great cam with a pro body.

Buy it now, shoot and enjoy! There's never a day when things are not getting cheaper.

Yes, there may be a cheaper body coming up. But it will be a half-baked E1.

Not true. Just look at D70. Cheaper doesn't always mean inferior product.

well...just a few words.... E1 is NOT overpriced in the DSLR Market.. dun forget.. its comes with a lens, equivalent to 28-108mm/ f2.8-3.5... now, how much do u think that lens will cost if any other camera manufacturer is going to produce it... also.. its construction (body alone, material used as well as the astonishing amount of o'rings used within the body alone) is solid as compared to most of the others(well, referring to 10D, D100... pls note i'm not trying to start a flame war, but just comparing base on facts...)

also.. do not forget that E1 is the only camera to employ an ultra-sonic wave to clean the sensor everytime it starts up.... (sounds like another promotional tool??) well, it works.. jus ask any E1 user how many times they have actually cleaned their CCD...

then again... to show u both sides of the story(for potential buyers) E1 users have to live with, high priced accessories..(check the prices of the SHLD-2 for a start...) also... 2nd hand items is virtually impossible to come by.. and not to mention.. if u decide to change system.. the amt u have to lose...

well.. no matter wat... if u have decided to buy something.. just get it.. but of cos, use it to justify the purchase... ;)

...price wars as well as improvement in technologies are never ending
;)

nightpiper said:
many people bought a half baked D1x (D70) & half baked 1D (10D) & are very happy owners. bragging about their half baked toys all the time. so what's wrong with a half baked E1?

why save only $1k when u can save more? money very hard to earn & even harder to save. unless matrix willing to sell u at low price, otherwise, i suggest u wait for the E100 to be announced next month & evaluate for yourself. when that time arrives, even if u decide to buy E1, it will be even cheaper. so why not?

just my 2 cents. :)

well... nightpiper, i dun think its polite of u to quote matrix here... u wun like it to see, if someone else comments on ur selling price and suggest others to wait and see.. whether a good buy or not.. to each his own... just my personal opinion, no ill intentions.. cheers~~ :)

then again.. maybe we have misunderstood NorthernLights here... i think wat he mean was a body with lesser functions... give him a chance.. and pls.. dun drag other brands here into the pic.. we are not trying to start a flame war here ;p

well.. i do agree with wat NorthernLights said.. rumours are just rumours.. the E1 body is not long ard enuff to have a replacement.. not this year.. nope~~

its great to see some posts in the ever slow moving olympus thread... so, let's us shoot more and post more...hahaha~~ :bsmilie:

Thanks Raphii.

I really think Matrix is selling his set really cheap. Don't ask me why I do not buy because I am too heavily committed to Nikon now.

Nightpiper - I hope you pardon me but you did make a $4000 bid for a full set that cost well over $6500. Whether it's overpriced or not it remains for the industry and market forces. We cannot deny E1's build is better than D100 or 10D's and it's in the same league, build wise to Canon's 1Ds, 1D and 1D MkII & Nikon's D1X, D2h, all splash-proof. It also has, as Raphii pointed out the ultrasonic shake sensor. It's build digital from ground up and has no 35-mm lens baggage to carry over and is full-frame transfer.

I am sure Pete did his homework before even talking about buying. I am sure you, Nightpiper did yours before bidding $4000. I really hope you are not discouraging others so that you can get the set at your bid of $4000.

As I have said before, buy now and shoot now. It is enjoying photography and not a wait-for-price-drop, technology improvement thing. If you have no camera, you cannot shoot. It's either you listen to hear says about E1's replacement which to me is most ridiculous. Even as a Nikon user, I know that..why should it be? But we do know of a lower-priced DSLR coming from day one when E1 was launched. But if Pete bought the E1, it's a professional, environmentally sealed camera. It is not the E100 or whatever it will be. \

There will always be improvements. D2h->D3h->D4h....D1->D1x-D2x...
1D->1dMkII..why not? When will that stop? Never!

Every minute of your life counts. If you are interested, buy it and go shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.