Buying DVDs online..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Jan 17, 2002
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
I used to buy from thunderdvd.com until they stopped operations recently..

anyone got any other recommedations for online shops to get code 1 DVDs?

Thanks.

Hey i also used to buy from them. Good service! Too bad they cease operations. They recommend Amazon.

You can try http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/index.cfm but i never buy from them before. So can't help.

For R4, i've been buying from http://www.ezydvd.com.au/ since 2001. Very good and fast too. Back in 01 when prices in SG still in the region of $40++ and exchange rate not bad, they're cheap. Nowadays, they're a little more ex for those recent titles but sometimes they got very good discounts. Some disc only AUD$12.

Will get the link from my friend for this online dvd shop. Apparently, this site has cheap dvds and those ahem ahem ones :sweat: they will pack it discreetly so it wont get opened at customs :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,
Don't mean to OT purposely, but my question is also related to buying DVDs online. :)

What happens if I want to buy DVDs that has a R21 rating in Singapore when they were shown in the theatres, such as A History of Violence, Sin City and Boogie Nights? The selection of region isn't a major issue for me because I really like these films for their great cinematography, story telling and wonderful performances by the cast and I don't mind spending that bit more for them.

So my question(s) for fellow CSnappers is, what are the successful chances of bringing in a title of such rating if I purchase it from a reliable website such as Amazon or Barnes and Nobles (but it can also be from other websites)?

I have asked HMV and they said they are not allowed to bring them in because of MDA restrictions.

I have also visited to other local forums where film buffs have often complained about the tight restrictions. Some of them even complained that their DVDs were not able to pass through the censorship and in the end, they didn't receive anything, only an email from the website telling them that the DVD couldn't get through and reach them. Despite that, these film buffs didn't mention that if they got back any refund because of the unfortunate "incident".

But around 60% of subscribers from that local forum said that they were successful in bringing in DVD titles of R21 ratings.

Peace,
{mich}

mich_2103 said:
Hi Guys,
Don't mean to OT purposely, but my question is also related to buying DVDs online. :)

What happens if I want to buy DVDs that has a R21 rating in Singapore when they were shown in the theatres, such as A History of Violence, Sin City and Boogie Nights? The selection of region isn't a major issue for me because I really like these films for their great cinematography, story telling and wonderful performances by the cast and I don't mind spending that bit more for them.

So my question(s) for fellow CSnappers is, what are the successful chances of bringing in a title of such rating if I purchase it from a reliable website such as Amazon or Barnes and Nobles (but it can also be from other websites)?

I have asked HMV and they said they are not allowed to bring them in because of MDA restrictions.

I have also visited to other local forums where film buffs have often complained about the tight restrictions. Some of them even complained that their DVDs were not able to pass through the censorship and in the end, they didn't receive anything, only an email from the website telling them that the DVD couldn't get through and reach them. Despite that, these film buffs didn't mention that if they got back any refund because of the unfortunate "incident".

But around 60% of subscribers from that local forum said that they were successful in bringing in DVD titles of R21 ratings.

Peace,
{mich}
this is a risk you have to take....but from what i know...anything with express carrier, like DHL, UPS, Fedex, all goes straight to MDA...go for normal air mail and the chances of u getting the DVDs is higher..

Any idea if got the Movie : The Da Vinci code... i want to watch but NC 16...can buy frm the web?:angel:

Have you guys try
http://www.moviemars.com/

it's seem cheap leh.. i mean for me just look at the Yoga/pilates DVD :p

Well, do you mean some dvd won't be available in singapore if MDA didn't approve after censorship?

I thought dvd is always uncut version..does it mean all R3 dvd is censored?

Tsk tsk guys be discrete lah........ Such stuff not exactly legal!! never know who is reading this site......

Status
Not open for further replies.