Buying chemicals and paper- any other shop besides Ruby?

glchua

Jan 21, 2003
Singapore
Ruby seems to be running out of stock for many items, particularly DDX, paper, fixer etc. Is there any other source of darkroom stuffs in Singapore?

i buy my darkroom stuffs (nescafe and washing soda) at cold storage. well except fixer. i still buy at Ruby.

it is such a small market now that i do not know of any other business who bring in darkroom chemicals. I dropped by today to get a bottle of HC110 to keep. There are Ilford papers though i do not know what kind/size are you looking for. They told me other stuff will be coming in soon so do give them ca call to check before going down.

New operation for flim dept from 1st June 2016 - stocklot for Kodak hc 110 and fixer , flims and some tradition darkroom equipment Main branch - Sgcamerastore No 3 Coleman street 02-09 peninsula shopping center singapore 179804 Tel - 63362273 Www.sgcamerastore.com Mon to sat 11am -645pm Woodlands branch via appt only - wholesales dept

Last edited:
I will grab from Ruby for fresher stocks as they do proper storage of their chemicals and papers. They just renovated so make sense for them to not stock items then.

New operation for flim dept from 1st June 2016 - stocklot for Kodak hc 110 and fixer , flims and some tradition darkroom equipment Main branch - Sgcamerastore No 3 Coleman street 02-09 peninsula shopping center singapore 179804 Tel - 63362273 Www.sgcamerastore.com Mon to sat 11am -645pm Woodlands branch via appt only - wholesales dept

do you have Ilford DDX in stock?

Thanks for all the replies. Guess there is no other choice other than Ruby. For info, next shipment is around mid-Jul

i was there just yesterday and there's stock on tmax developer , fixer , etc

Just to update, Drop by today at Ruby to get my Kodak HC 110 developer,They just run out of Ilford stop bath and Fixer, Stock coming in end of July.